New features for swimming on Spark

Ombra112
Ombra112 Registered Users Posts: 4
Neophyte Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I'm a swimming trainer and I find the tomtom sparkle 2 a good swimsuit, but new features should be added to make it perfect.
Of two types for the athlete and for the coach
For the athlete you could add a sound signal to keep the rhythm of the swim (please refer to "tempo trainer" funcitionality).
For coach a contaseconds with four hands and in the botom screen the time in minutes seconds.
In summary I will try to improve the swimming features that are currently a bit poor.
thanks

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,932
    Superuser
    How would a sound signal help, you would not be able to hear it in the water (the watch has a buzzer, into a speaker? and since you cannot use headphones with it, that would be the limit of its sound potential. You can have the time in minutes and seconds already, just set one of the bottom metrics for it.

Swimming is the least used sports mode on the watch as far as I know, so I cannot imagine them making any changes to it (they have not in the several years the watch has been out). Changes are driven by user demand and yours is the first I have seen asking for this, so there may not be enough demand to justify the resources but you never know. In any case, TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Ombra112
    Neophyte Traveler
    Hi first of all thanks for the Answers
    To hear the sound signal obviously a bluetooth headset or a buzzer should be used, in this wahy the coach can guide the athlete ((in other words a simple accessory).

Referred to the new swimming panel I'm imagining the contaseconds used only in the pool (you know it?) with four indicators for the seconds (this in the main pannel) and below what is currently present.
    This kind of stopwatch is fundamental in swimming training

This is just a sugestions to improve the product (That I appreciate so much) In an area where I have many skills , so obviously it's part of the company's choice whether to make it or not
    BR
    Fabarizio
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    BT signals do not travel underwater so you cannot use BT headphones in the water, even waterproof ones. The only headphones that work in the water are those that have the music player built in so that there is no signal transmission required. What you are asking for is simply not technologically possible.

I do not understand what you mean about the display but it is likely a moot point. they have not changed the display in 5 years and I doubt they will change it now, particularly to enhance swimming, which is the least used activity and has not changed at all in 5 years. But you never know. TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Ombra112
    Neophyte Traveler
    I just tried to give you some tips to improve your product or new products that will come out.
    Now it is obvious that the TOMTOM team should understand if the suggestions are valid or not.
    Comment by a swimming coach, the product in the swimming feature is so poor.

for the BT signals I'm refering to "http://www.aqquatix.com/prodotto/tempo-trainer-pro/"
    that could be implemented and controled via Sport watch.
    Ciao
  • Mach
    Mach Registered Users Posts: 89
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Spark 2 is simply dead. Don't expect any upgrades.

If they were updating their old watches who would buy the new ones? ... if there are any new watches coming - TT might be quitting this part of the market due to non-profitability...
  • Ombra112
    Neophyte Traveler
    I was not asking for new features for an old model, suggesting new features for new models to make the product more attractive to swimmers.
    I understand you misunderstood my comment.
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    If you read the news it seems there is not likely to be any new models. It appears that TT is getting out of the wearables business. And even if they were not swimming is the least used sport on the watch so I doubt much effort will be put in to improve it as it is simply not their target market.