Editing activities on Multisports — TomTom Community

Editing activities on Multisports

martinhjonesmartinhjones Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
Occasionally the recorded activity gets messed up - forgot to start or stop it, or battery runs out for examples. I can edit the distance, but when I try to edit the time, I get a tick by it, then it reverts back to the original and calculates an outrageous pace - which of course messes up my "personal bests". Any pointers as to what I may be doing wrong?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,677
    Superusers
    You cannot change the active time, as that is created by the server, computed from the activity data. You can change the total time, but that will not change the active time, which drives the pace metric, since the servers still detected you active for the same amount of time, regardless of how long the total was. Unfortunately, other than making sure you actually stop your watch when you're done, there is nothing you can do. They have reported they are working on a way to turn off the pause detection that drives the active time, and once that happens you should be able to change the time and it will adjust the pace accordingly.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • martinhjonesmartinhjones Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Yes, thanks - I can see that this is not possible. so I have marked your reply as a solution. I think it's wrong though - other sport apps let you amend such details. I even red somewhere that if you alter it in MapMyRun it is reflected back into Connect. So you can edit it externally, but not in the native app???

Hopefully the work the team is doing now will help with this in future, because with the best will in the world, mistakes such as forgetting to start or stop it will still be made.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,677
    Superusers
    The editing in MapMyRun reflecting in MySports ended about 3 years ago when they switched the underlying support from MapMyRun to MySports. Hopefully they will add better editing in the future, but TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.