Spark 3 calorie count

vdaunter
vdaunter Registered Users Posts: 4
Neophyte Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi the calorie count on my watch is all wrong. Iv tried factory resetting it and it's doing the same thing. It's clocking up ridiculous calories when it's not being used. For example it was on my bedside table all morning but yet clocked up nearly 1200 calories!! How?? Has anyone got any advice please? I'm really frustrated. I haven't had it long so stil learning the features but I feel like I've wasted my money. Thank you

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    If you were alive and breathing, digesting, etc. then you were burning calories and that is what a 24/7 activity tracker is supposed to be tracking. It computes a BMR based on your gender, height, weight, etc. and takes this along with steps and sports activities to come up with calories burned. So between midnight and whenever you looked at it you burned 1,200 calories just being alive. This is exactly what it and all other activity trackers are designed to do. In my experience it is generally pretty accurate (or as accurate as BMR based calculations can be as they are based on averages) as long as you have all of your personal statistics right.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • vdaunter
    Neophyte Traveler
    Hi thanks for replying. But I wasn't wearing the watch. That's the problem. It's clocking up ridiculous amounts when just sat on the side.
    Yeh I double checked all my statistics to. I'm really at a loss here.
  • vdaunter
    Neophyte Traveler
    Iv just googled what you said and from that it must be right! I'd never have thought that. Thank you
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    Glad you sorted it out. It is a bit different from a normal GPS watch which is just calculating calories while you work out. A 24/7 activity tracker is trying to give you a view of the whole day, not just when you have started an activity, so it is always recording and tabulating the metrics. This is a holistic approach, looking at you activity levels around the clock, not just when you are wearing the watch. If this is not what you want you can just turn the 24/7 activity tracker off.

When you get a chance please mark my response as a solution so others with the same question can look for it.
  • vdaunter
    Neophyte Traveler
    Thanks I'm so useless at anything technical I thort it was faulty.
    I can't seem to find anything to mark solved I think it's just as I'm on my phone. Il log in on a computer as soon as I can.

Thanks again
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    It won't allow you to do it from a phone unfortunately. If you do not get to it, a moderator will likely take care of it.