Strange routing (No U-turns), and route display on the map — TomTom Community

Strange routing (No U-turns), and route display on the map

Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 752
Superuser
This is a part from my yesterday riding...

https://mydrive.tomtom.com/el_gr/#mode=routes+viewport=38.73347,22.35912,13.32,0,-0+search={"input":"Δελφοί, Delfoi","coords":[38.4818,22.5029]}+routes={"departure":true,"traffic":true,"routeType":"FASTEST","travelMode":"MOTORCYCLE","points":["hw~38.4818,22.5029","hw~38.73535,22.34642","hw~38.73843,22.34475","hw~38.69811,22.17579"]}+ver=2

Riding to "Παύλιανη" ("Pavliani") from "Δελφοί" ("Delphi"). The first waypoint is a (non existent :D ) petrol station, and the next is a cafe between "Νέα Παύλιανη" and "Παύλιανη", and finally the destination waypoint is "Αθανάσιος Διάκος" ("Athanasios Diakos").

In both examples, instead of a U-turn, it calculates a route... The first is worst! It calculates a route to "Οίτη" ("Oiti") then back to the cafe...

One more thing: The way a route is displayed can be confusing, at least in those kind of roads (single carriageways(?) / one or two lane roads for two way traffic at some parts on the mountain) and when there are overlaps on the route.

You may display the routes between waypoints with different colors, and add a sense of direction using arrow heads in the route line or stg...

It will be very useful even for the MyDrive route planner...

Thing about it...

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Ste7ios,

Thanks for reporting this!

As this is a MyDrive issue, I moved it to the MyDrive board.

MyDrive seems to indeed make peculiar decision to avoid a u-turn. I'll report this to the team.

Cheers, Mikko
  • Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 752
    Superuser
    It also affects 3rd party software (MyRoute-App), and the Rider.

Also consider that the route display also need an enhancement...
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Ste7ios,

You can also report these with MapShare Reporter. Just mention the platform you're using in the Comments field.

Cheers, Mikko