Share data units always metric?

Tom Thompson
Tom Thompson Registered Users Posts: 6
Neophyte Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I have purchased a Spark Cardio + Music and have all of my units set to "Imperial" units because I am in the US. However, when I chose to share my data to my computer in a "Comma Separated Values (CSV)" format, my data files are always in "Metric" units. Is there a setting or other way to make my data download in "Imperial" units?

Thanks,
Tom Thompson

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    No, since it is a European company the underlying data is all in metric and they convert to imperial for your display. The csv is only in metric and you will have to convert. This is not something easily set to a user setting and since there are three countries in the world on imperial (US, Liberia and Myanmar), it makes sense to keep it in metric

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Tom Thompson
    Tom Thompson Registered Users Posts: 6
    Neophyte Traveler
    Thanks tfarabaugh! This is actually the answer that I was expecting... LOL
    I think that it make perfect sense to only offer metric data and it is VERY easy to convert to Imperial in Excel, so it is not a big problem...
    I just thought I would ask to make sure I hadn't missed something...

Once again, thank you for your help!
    Tom

PS
    Just in case others have the same problem that I did:
    I couldn't figure out how to get my data to download to a file on my computer. I kept searching for a "Download" feature. I thought the "Share" feature was only for social media and other Sport sites. Then I decided to click on the "Share" feature anyway... This opened a new box and there I saw the file download information at the bottom of that box... Now all is right with the world... :-)