plotting a route in Mydrive — TomTom Community

plotting a route in Mydrive

NeilLomasNeilLomas Posts: 63 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
edited July 2017 in MyDrive Connect
Hi Mikko,

I have just tried plotting a route with MyDrive. Perhaps it is the time of day, but it took me a different route. I asked to go from my address to the number of one of those 3 houses in Spring Gardens to the west of Burton Street. It took me along a route much further north than I would normally go so that I approached the address from a completely different direction. The instructions ended up:
"Take the Garden Street, Westwood Road, Westwood View. Continue to your destination at Burton Street."
"You have arrived at Burton Street. Your destination is on the right."
Only by hugely magnifying the map could I find Garden Street and Westwood View. Westwood View becomes Spring Gardens (at its east end), which is not mentioned in the instructions. As I would be then approaching the address, to say that my destination was on the right seemed completely wrong.
However, the expansion of the map showed that I was supposed to turn into Burton Street. The address would then have been on the right, but not in the road I was now on!!
I don't know how to get this to you.
I tried a shorter route - from Geoffrey Avenue (near the bottom of Burton Street) to the address in Spring Gardens. The complete instructions were:
"Leave from Geoffrey Avenue."
"Continue to your destination at Burton Street."
"You have arrived at Burton Street. Your destination is on the right."
The map showed my route ending just short of the top of Burton Street. At that point, my destination would have been on the left, though again not in that street.

Regards,
Neil