Mapcodes on MyDrive website?

bobbytrapbobbytrap Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
edited January 29 in MyDrive and Road Trips
Good evening,

Mapcodes don't seem to work anymore on the MyDrive website (http://mydrive.tomtom.com). It used to work in the past and as I was frequently using it to plan precise routes, I'm hoping this is just a temporary glitch. Anyone who knows more about this?

Thanks!

Regards, Bob

Comments

• ZsoltZsolt Posts: 35,969 [Superusers]
    Was it supported before on MyDrive? I was under the impression that it wasn't.
  • bobbytrapbobbytrap Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    Yes it was supported before. It is still supported by the MyDrive app on my iPhone fortunately, but I was also using it a lot on the MyDrive website...
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 [Retired Community Staff Employee]
    Hi Bobby,

Thanks for flagging this!

This might have to do with the search improvements we released yesterday. I'll double check.

For more information about the changes released yesterday, please see Update 13 here.

Cheers, Mikko
    Thanks Mikko! I'll wait for news from your side! Regards, Bob
    Hi Bobby,

I was trying with the map code NLD 49.4V and it worked fine. Could you post some examples of mapcodes you can't find in MyDrive so that we can look into this, please?

Thanks, Mikko
    Hi Bobby,

I got a confirmation that this indeed has to do with the recent release. The team is aware of this and will address the matter in a later release. Unfortunately, I don't know the exact release date.

Cheers, Mikko
    Hi Mikko,

OK, thanks for the confirmation! Hopefully a new version will be released soon. I really miss the feature... :-(

Regards, Bob
    Hi all,

Any news regarding this? It's been three months and I'm still missing this feature...especially because the function was implemented before.
    Thanks in advance.

Regards, Bob
  • JawhatJawhat Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    I really miss this feature too, any news on when the developers hope to reinstate it?

Or confirmation that they are actually planning on reinstating it???
  • Lost SoulLost Soul Posts: 104 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    @VikramK

Any update on when this feature (using Map codes in MyDrive) will be reinstated please? 10 months of waiting so far ? :thinking:

Thanks.
    I’ve had contact from Tom Tom who tell me that they are aware of the problem but don’t seem interested in doing anything about it ?
    This is so disappointing. I live in a rural part of England which means that the postcode can span quite a distance, the map code is perfect and I’m totally dismayed that this functionality has been lost, some upgrade!
  • Lost SoulLost Soul Posts: 104 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Yes we often drive to rural destinations often at night where it then becomes an issue to locate a destination based on post codes as it may take you up to 1/2 mile a away..

But we can still input map codes on the PND itself.

However being a bit lazy I prefer to use MyDrive first and then send the location to the device, so that when we get into the car we are then ready to go........... :grinning:

This is the functionality I miss, but TT have announced a few days ago they will be incorporating “What3words” addressing and will roll-out to TomTom Consumer and Automotive customers in the second half of 2018; maybe this will restore the functionality? :thinking:
  • Nozza WalesNozza Wales Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I think Tomtom are going to dump mapcodes. All my previous devices supported them, but my recent device doesn't. Wait a few more months (groan) and w3w will be integrated. Yay!

https://what3words.com/2018/06/tomtom-to-integrate-what3words-into-its-navigation-offering/
  • Privateer UKPrivateer UK Posts: 222 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Whilst mapcodes appear to work in iOS GO Mobile, the official Mapcode website has a problem with working with Google maps so I can't create a map code to try navigating to!

However, do not rely on getting what3words for your TomTom SatNav as it's not planned! Have a read of the what3words addressing thread.