Access to personal data records held by Tom Tom — TomTom Community

Access to personal data records held by Tom Tom

Bob the archBob the arch Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
Hi
I would really like to be able to download my personal data files, which have been collated from my activity via my Touch Cardio, so that I can analyse them myself in, say, Excel spreadsheet and produce my own graphs, etc.
I do not like being spoon-fed my own data via the Tom Tom link.
Am I missing something? Is this possible and if so what exactly do I need to do?
Thanks

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,811
    Superusers
    You can download data files in csv (Excel), fit, tcx or gpx format by going into an activity and selecting Share>Download. You can set them to automatically download to your computer if you set it up under Apps & Exporting, but you will need to sync by computer to get the files automatically placed on your computer. Like you, I track my activity using a custom Excel file so I have it export a csv file for me for every activity and it works fine.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Bob the archBob the arch Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks - will let you know in due course if I manage to do it!
  • Bob the archBob the arch Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Hi
    First problem - when I go into an activity in the iPhone TomTom App and select Share, a screen pops up saying "Allow Gallery Access - you'll need to grant permission to be able to select photos (sic) from your phone."
    So I select settings and it throws me out into the opening screen on the iPhone. I then select the 'Settings' button but haven't a clue what to do next!
    Can I beg your indulgence (bearing in mind that I am a reasonably intelligent 68 year old with limited experience of iPhone!) - could you take me through what I need to do step by step, without omitting anything - you know what you are doing, but I often find that people producing user manuals jump several steps in a process because it becomes automatic in their own mind!
    Treat me like a 5 year old please - with diagrams if necessary!
    Sorry to be a pain!
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,811
    Superusers
    You need to go to the activity on the MySports site, no the phone app. There is no way to download a file to your computer through your phone. Log into MySports through your computer and follow the steps given.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.