Manufacturer Defects on Runner 3 Cardio and need a replacement!

Ad_nuar
Ad_nuar Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi,

I just bought a Runner 3 Cardio from Axtrosports.com which is a distributor in Singapore and received in on last Thursday. Im staying at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Unfortunately, the watch had a defects on it. One of the screw missing and i notice it on Sunday night while im trying to charge it. This is a manufacturer defects and might cause the unit to be damage if i use it for swimming. I need a replacement for it but unfortunately Axtrosports.com cant make any replacement at the moment after i contact them. I did contact a Malaysia TomTom Customer Support but they cant do anything from Malaysia and they suggest me to visit their Service Centre at Singapore for a replacement which is impossible for me. I dont want a refund but a replacement.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 17,004
     Superuser
    Why is the vendor you bought it from unable to replace it, they should be the ones to handle it. Why are they not allowing you to return it? That would be much more expedient than going through a warranty return. I do not think you need to physically go to Singapore, you just need to contact that Customer Support group. The number is:

Singapore 1800 622 7266
    Monday - Friday: 09:00 - 17:30

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Ad_nuar
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi Ad,

We are sorry to hear about this experience.

We are unable to process an exchange at the current moment.

Currently, what we can advise for you to do will be to contact the TomTom support team regarding this issue.

You may wish to contact TomTom support (https://au.support.tomtom.com/app/contact)

You may also find telephone contacts for Malaysia here:
    Monday - Friday: 07:30 - 14:30

* This is the reply from Axtrosports.com. I dont know whats is the actual reason for them to not have an exchange at the current moment and asking me to contact TomTom directly. I tried to contact TomTom Singapore but its number invalid. I do contact with TomTom Malaysia but they ask me to get an exchange at Singapore Service Centre and the customer service said for any exchange have to visit the service centre and not by courier. Already send and email to TomTom but no reply yet.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 17,004
     Superuser
    It sounds like Axtrosports is being lazy or trying to avoid having to process your return, which is wrong. I would resonantly follow up with them and tell them you either want a replacement or a refund immediately. You can always then buy the device from someone else who treats their customers better.
  • Ad_nuar
    Apprentice Traveler
    Yes. Thats what im thinking of them. I dont think that they dont have a stock to process for a replacement. I already sent a reply message to them asking for a refund or replacement but no reply at the moment. At the same time i try to seek an answer from TomTom itself. So that they will working together to solve this problem. It will be too bad if they dont accept a replacement and just refund me because Axtrosports is the only retailers in Singapore that do oversea shipping. I might just buy a Garmin instead in Malaysia because its more value for money since local retailers here charge an overpriced for TomTom and even higher than Garmin. At least here have Garmin local distributor and service centre.