MyDrive App on Android O Beta — TomTom Community

MyDrive App on Android O Beta

JMKosmoJMKosmo Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
I got a new android phone, because my old one broke. It's a Nexus 6P with Android O BETA installed. Everything worked fine before I got the new phone. I set up my new phone, installed Android O Beta and the Tom Tom My Drive app stopped allowing me to log in. I get an error that says, "Error. No Internet connection. Please check your network settings." No one seems to be either willing or able to help me with the issue. I was supposed to be taken care of by level 2 customer support, but they just told me sorry that I am having trouble and never really gave me any remedy to solve the issue. Any one else have this problem or know how to solve this?

Comments

• [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Do not install a beta (or custom) Android.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,624 Moderator
    Hi JMKosmo

I have sent a heads up to the customer service so this case is reviewed again.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards
    Vikram
  • chaynes27chaynes27 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Having the exact same issue with the same phone but stock Android O firmware -- not beta. Please advise.
  • Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 755
    Superuser
    Don't use beta versions of software in general in a production environment, if you're depending on it. Nobody is going to support you.

It's not the final official release, it's unfinished software with bugs and its purpose is to get feedback by beta testers to fix various bugs. Use it only if you want to be a beta tester and help the development of a software.

Even the first official releases (e.g. v1.0) are subject of serious bugs (I've burned many times with data loss and other malfunctions as an early adopter). It's wise to wait until the release of the next update / service pack (e.g. v1.1 or stg...)
    Superuser
    The official release date was August 21st if I'm not mistaken. TomTom should have been ready for it...
    Superuser
    But I must say that the best practice is to never update / upgrade an OS if you're not sure that your software will be ok with that...
  • chaynes27chaynes27 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Most other developers don't have a problem preparing for a new OS -- all my other apps work fine.
    In any case, I don't need a lecture about when to upgrade my phone software. I am reflagging the issue for TomTom staff to acknowledge the bug and address it in a new patch.
    Superuser
    Sorry, it wasn't personal. We're in a public forum and It's always good to explain some things. What I described above is an IT best practice...