Firmware update Rider 2013

striple1961striple1961 Posts: 3
edited January 30 in RIDER
Hello from a newbie. Please be gentle with me if this topic has been covered before but I'm struggling to find answers anywhere.
I have a Tomtom Rider (2013) and it's still running app. 9.500 but whenever I connect it to Tomtom home on the computer I'm told it's up to date even the the support site says the latest version is something like 17.2.......
Can anyone please advise me why this is? I've spent what feels like half my weekend on the Tomtom website and Google getting nowhere.
Many thanks

Comments

• ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,020 Superusers
    You have the "old" version of the Rider. Most probably it never ever will be updated any further, apart from the maps. The 17.2 version refers to the newer Rider 400/410/450 and similar models.
  • Ah right, thanks for that.
    I'm having trouble (i.e. it's not happening) loading routes from Route Planner onto the device, thought an update might help.
    If you use MyDrive, it won't ever work with that model. You need to use Tyre.
  • Thanks again. My problem is however that I'm trying to upload some routes that someone has given me and the format is Tomtom GPS coordinates. Is it possible to use these in Tyre?
    Can't help with that, never used Tyre myself, but pretty sure there are experienced Tyre users on the forum ;)
  • I know this may be a little late now, but if the routes that you have on disk are in GPX format, you can attach the Rider directly to your computer, and copy the GPX files into the Rider's 'gpx2itn' folder. Once you disconnect and reboot the Rider it will convert the GPX files to itineraries. GPX files are the key. I use MyDrive, and export my routes and GPX files, and import them manually. I've never used Tyre.
    Best of luck.
  • Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 725 Superuser
    Tyre can load most common gps file formats. Striple1961 must refer to ITN files, i.e. a TomTom Route file. There's no need for any tricks...
  • EXPORTMANEXPORTMAN Posts: 633 Superusers
    You can drag and drop itn files into the int folder of your rider but you should limit the number of waypoints to 50. GPX files can as already been advised dropped into the GPX folder. The makers of TYRE now offer an online service call myrouteapp a little more flexible
    works with all rider devices including the latest 450
    Born free, now in debt