TomTom Adventurer not uploading activity to Sports App on phone or Mac — TomTom Community

TomTom Adventurer not uploading activity to Sports App on phone or Mac

deflectedsarcasm87deflectedsarcasm87 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
Hi,

I'm new here and currently, really troubled. I purchased my watch on the 6th of July 2017. Prior to this, I had been using the Runner Cardio for two years without ever having faced any such issue. My last sync from my phone was on the 16th of July. I have been running and cycling all through this week and tried syncing my activities with my app today. It just wouldn't sync from my watch-either on my phone or on the My Sports Connect app on my computer. I tried re-installing the app, re-pairing both the devices to no avail. I could however upload all my activities using the manual export method (ttt.bin?). I also started three treadmill workouts to see if the watch would upload them to the phone or the comp but to no avail. It can be uploaded only through the manual method. My watch hasn't been dropped, my phone is fine, so is my comp. I have been using the tomtom sports connect app both on an ios device (prior to october 2016) and on various android devices without ever coming across this issue. Can anyone please please help me out with this? Is this an issue with my watch? Anything else? My software version is 1.3.255 for the sports connect app. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,526
    Superusers
    It is odd that it is failing on both devices yet you can still get a ttbin file, as that is created as part of the upload process (it would not be created if the watch could not contact the servers). It sounds like something is blocking your device from reaching the servers and at this point I would suggest calling Customer Support to see what they can do. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • deflectedsarcasm87deflectedsarcasm87 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated. I have already written to the customer care in my country. But, I did try some things on my own. I first paired it to my father's iphone and tried to sync it to a brand new account and the two trial indoor runs got synced. Then I re-paired it to my phone and then tried to sync it. It again didn't sync but then I switched on the daily tracker ( I don't use the watch for daily tracking needs), and tried to sync the data and all the previously unsynced data showed up on the app. Then I tried syncing it without the daily tracker switched off and it worked again. In the evening, after my gym and indoor cycling workout, I tried syncing the watch and again, it didn't show up in the activities section. I had to try the tracker method again and it happened. The watch is working perfectly fine ( I am also using it with a bluetooth headset for my music) so I don't know whether the watch is faulty, or whether it's a compatibility issue with Samsung's software (there was a recent OS update this week for my phone). I have noticed that sometimes it takes a long time to sync to the app and then the app still shows it was synced a few hours ago. So I don't know whether TomTom's app itself is having issues. My mother owns a Spark 3 and is using it without any issues on her LG G6. Thanks for your help again!
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,526
    Superusers
    I think the issue is you are not waking up the phone to sync it. The watch is not always looking for the phone. You need to have the app open on the phone (it will not sync in the background) and wake the watch up by pressing a button. I personally open the app, go into the watch and click left from the clock to wake up the watch. It syncs immediately every time. The key is the app has to be open and active on the phone and the watch needs to be activated (pressing any button will wake it up). When you are turning on the activity tracker you are waking the phone up.