The facility to import POI files via MyDrive has failed — TomTom Community

The facility to import POI files via MyDrive has failed

cameramancameraman Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
The facility to import POI files via MyDrive has failed.
This worked last week but i now get the message - an error occurred the file cannot be uploaded.
The files are small and no bigger than they were last week.
The device is a Go 5000

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,821
    Superuser
    @cameraman

How much free space does MyDriveConnect show. If there is less than 400Mb then that is the source of your upload failure. You might need to delete some little used POIs to get the new ones onto your device.
  • cameramancameraman Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    Hi Niall
    The device has plenty of space, 6.3Gb on the unit and 800Mb on the memory card where the maps reside.
    Something has changed in the last week.
    I am still able to upload the POI's to an older VIA120 live so it doesn't appear to be a problem with the files themselves.
    Regards, Dave.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,821
    Superuser
    @cameraman

You have re-logged into MyDrive on your device since you did the latest update?

See pages 33 - 38 of the manual http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/new_GO/refman/TomTom-GO-EU-RG-en-gb.pdf
  • mossypossymossypossy Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just updated maps on my Go 6000 and all my POI's have been wiped off the device.
    They are all still on the MyDrive but will not sync with the device.
    Nor can I add any new POI's via the MyDrive interface
  • jonboy 23jonboy 23 Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    i'm having the same problems when trying to upload poi files to the map like it says here
    when i get to this part Click Import POI file.
    Click Select File to browse your computer for the file you want to upload.
    it falls

ADDING POI FILES
    You can import OV2 files with a maximum size of 2MB from your computer using the following steps:

Go to MyDrive.
    Click on the My Places menu.

If you are not already logged in with your TomTom-account, log in now.
    Click on POI files.
    Click Import POI file.
    Click Select File to browse your computer for the file you want to upload.
    If your device is connected to your computer with a USB cable the .OV2 file will be synced right away. If not, syncing will happen the next time you switch on your device and log in to your TomTom-account close ...
    In the Main Menu of your navigation device, select TomTom Services
    Select MyDrive and log in with your email address and password
    MyDrive is now activated and ready to sync your items
  • Pafke01Pafke01 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The problem is not tranfering the POI to the device but getting the POI file into mydrive !!!
    Same problem with importing GPX file. I have placed a question about that as well.
    Pafke01 wrote:
    The problem is not tranfering the POI to the device but getting the POI file into mydrive !!!
    Same problem with importing GPX file. I have placed a question about that as well.

that is what I was trying to say
    it must be a global issue
    i just called up the tom tom help line and they say they don't support poi's
  • mossypossymossypossy Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    SOLUTION

On the TomTom device go to TomTom Services and activate MyDrive using your user name and password.
    POIs will now appear as the device will only now auto sync.

I thank you.
    as i'm trying to add the files so that they do auto sync and it not letting me this. it is not a SOLUTION for us. Tom Tom have emailed me stating they do not support the 3rd Party POIs. So the Start 52 is to all intents pretty much useless for over 1000 addresses stored in the POIs we use.
    As a large company with hundreds of these devices i think its time we looked at other makes that support this.

Utterly gobsmacked TT have implemented this
    been fixed on discussion page
    nrp6

Author

Neophyte Traveler Replies: 4

USA

Android

15 minutes ago

?1 ⚐Flag

Guys.
    I contacted support. The issue was on their side and it is now fixed.
    Thanks TomTom for the prompt action here.
  • cameramancameraman Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    Correct, now appears fixed.
    Dave
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,454 Moderator
    Hi jonboy 23

Sorry for the confusion here.

I reviewed the incident you started with the customer service and what they wanted to explain is adding 3rd party POI to your START 52 device using MyDrive Connect(Desktop application) is not supported.

However adding POI's using the MyDrive website should work. Please see more information about using MyDrive website in the video below:

[video]

Regards
    Vikram
    hi Vikram

it's happened again i.e. I cant upload POI's again it comes up with the same message
    Hi jonboy

Currently, we have an issue where you get an error when uploading ov2 files, and we apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I would recommend you to please report this to the customer service so they can forward similar cases to our product team which will speed up the investigation process.

Thank you and regards
    Vikram
    hi Vikram

will do on hold now about this
    I have called them up and after telling them 4 times that I am informing them that they have a problem with their tomtom website and adding POI's I gave up and said my goodbyes
  • DanielForniesSoriaDanielForniesSoria Posts: 59 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Hi there,
    Apologies for this issue happening again. Should be fixed now. We will keep monitoring the systems to prevent this from occurring.
    Soon we will provide a fix so this never happens again (it is due to an excess of logging on the server side which saturates the server discs).
    Kind Regards,
    Daniel
    jonboy 23 wrote:
    I have called them up and after telling them 4 times that I am informing them that they have a problem with their tomtom website and adding POI's I gave up and said my goodbyes

I am sorry about that...

I have sent a heads up to them, so they will follow up with you on the same incident number.

Regards
    Vikram