Need an upgrade for the Spark 3

Emsi
Emsi Registered Users Posts: 6
Neophyte Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I would like an upgrade for tom tom spark 3 that transmit the heart frequency from the spark 3 to tapis roulant compatible such as a Technogym machine.

thanks

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    That is not the intent of the device, it is not a HR strap, it is an all-in-one device to capture all relevant data within itself. It does not have the hardware to transmit HR so this cannot be accomplished with an update, it would need to be a completely new device.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Emsi
    Neophyte Traveler
    Ok
    I'm sad, because there are a lot cardiomachine that i use with my personal level heart rate; and i hoped that an upgrade was possible.
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    No, and even if there was it is unlikely that the watch would connect anyway as most fitness machines connect to analog straps only (on occasion they connect to ANT+ devices). The watch is BT+ only. Even my BT+ HR strap will not connect to my treadmill as it will only connect to Polar analog straps

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Emsi
    Neophyte Traveler
    My polar h7 - hr strap - is connected contrmporary to my treadmill and to my polar ft7 qatch/hr monitor, too.
    May be the treadmill receives from polar h7 a not bluetooth signal from the polar h7 sensor; but there are two devices that read the frequency.
    So for the Bluetooth device the connection is only one to one?!?!
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    Polar uses a proprietary analog signal, not BT. BT is one-to-one.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.