Option to automatically update stats

HenrikAhlfors
HenrikAhlfors Registered Users Posts: 29
Outstanding Explorer
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I'm missing an option to automatically update stats/the APP without pressing the down button on TomTom Spark 3.

Am I the only one missing this option?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    If you are referring to syncing your activities, the watch is not always looking for the phone. You need to have the app open on the phone (it will not sync in the background) and wake the watch up. I personally open the app, go into the watch and click left from the clock to wake up the watch. It syncs immediately every time. The key is the app has to be open and active on the phone and the watch needs to be activated (pressing any button will wake it up).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • HenrikAhlfors
    HenrikAhlfors Registered Users Posts: 29
    Outstanding Explorer
    Thanks for taking time to answer. tfarabaugh I owned a garmin device before I switched to TomTom. My Garmin device never required me to press any buttons to sync (wake up device). Sorry to say it, but this is a missing feature. However, maybe I am the only one missing this specific feature.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    It is a power saving feature, as it turns off the BT radio when it is not needed. I am not sure it is worth an update to save people hitting one button.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • dpelchat
    dpelchat Registered Users Posts: 48
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Hi folks, I just read this post and I think the information provided is not correct... Since the app was overhauled, the watch will try to sync with the phone right after you're finished with your activity, up to a certain time, which I believe is one hour. I does that without having to open up the app on the phone or pressing any buttons on the watch.

I know for a fact that it does not work all the time but it may be just because my watch and phone are out of range during that period.