Import .GPX into TomTom Sports

lianneworrell
lianneworrell Registered Users Posts: 2
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Please let me know how to import a .GPX (or .TCX) file into my TomTom Sports activities.

Thanks!

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    Unfortunately, there is no way to upload activities not created by the watch and no way to manually add an activity. However, you can start a new activity, immediately stop and save it and then upload it. You can then go into MySports and edit the activity with the correct distance, time, etc... The date and time of the activity will not be correct but it will get added into your lifetime totals and other stats.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • tokeya
    tokeya Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    That's a shame. Other platforms allow you to do that. This is another reason why I have moved to Garmin system. However, TomTom watches gave me lots of fun (I had two TT watches from 2015) If not a poor battery life after about 20 months using the watch (I had to charge it every 3 days), probably I wouldn't change it yet.
  • megatux
    megatux Registered Users Posts: 9
    Master Explorer
    edited July 2019
    That's a big handicap.
  • PlzHelpMe
    PlzHelpMe Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    edited August 2021
    Wow... forgot to end an activity and ended up recording a few minutes of the car ride. This means the whole activity is inaccurate and there is nothing I can do. Thanks for nothing, TomTom.
  • HvdW
    HvdW Registered Users Posts: 41
    Renowned Wayfarer
    edited January 28
    I do it like this:
    All TomTom GPX are exported to Strava. (automagic as set in TomTom Sports settings)
    In Strava I shorten the trip and edit the TomTom Sports trip to the detailes obtained from Strava.
    Can't cut tail or head of the trip but distance, time, kcal and even elevation can be set to what you copy from Strava.
    Speed is adapted by the TomTom Sports software after saving your edit.
    In this way date and other data are correct with exception of the trip distance on the map.
    It's a workaround that works.

To manually add a trip/run do like @tfarabaugh suggested.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    HvdW wrote: »
    I do it like this:
    All TomTom GPX are exported to Strava. (automagic as set in TomTom Sports settings)
    In Strava I shorten the trip and edit the TomTom Sports trip to the detailes obtained from Strava.
    Can't cut tail or head of the trip but distance, time, kcal and even elevation can be set to what you copy from Strava.
    Speed is adapted by the TomTom Sports software after saving your edit.
    In this way date and other data are correct with exception of the trip distance on the map.
    It's a workaround that works.

To manually add a trip/run do like @tfarabaugh suggested.

You do realize you are answering a question from 2017, right? TT Sports went out of business over 4 years ago and the watches were all discontinued so there are basically no new questions.