Using Rider 400 for 2 week trip

Nick EdwardsNick Edwards Posts: 1
edited January 11 in RIDER
I have been living with the Rider 400 for a few years now & have searched though this forum many times for help with minor issues but I thought it was time to add some feedback.
My recent trip around Spain was pretty much without incident other than the screen turning black when it got too hot in the sun but it cooled down & sorted itself out.
Preplanning my routes each day were easy to do but not on the Rider 400 itself but using MyDrive Route Planner mobile on a smartphone. Not the app though as it is of no use whatsoever.
Just create the route on the phone, save it & sync with the Rider 400 by bluetooth. Worked really well though sometimes the twisty road option created some strange routes such as off & then back on motorways just to make it a 'thrill'!!. Even when I took the wrong road the unit adjusted quickly & got me back on track.
No connection issues to a cheap bluetooth adapter with a set of headphones plugged in. I have no desire to connect to a phone or talk to anyone when I am riding as I have better things to do like riding without crashing.
Basically it was a pretty positive experience & with a few tweaks it could be even better.
The app either needs to be binned or revamped completely so that it offers full functionality of MyDrive Route Planner
It would be nice if MyDrive Route Planner offered the same routing options as the Rider 400 such as no motorways, unpaved roads, no peage etc
as it appears the only way around this is to add more waypoints which can be time consuming.
The MyDrive Route Planner could be a little more intuitive as its not obvious how to start a new route when you have just completed one.
Anyway thanks to the developers, its been a long time coming but for me, you are nearly there.

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Nick,

Welcome to the Community and sorry for my late reply here!

Thanks for sharing your feedback here! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your vacation with your Rider 400 :D

We're working hard to further improve MyDrive with future releases. I'm announcing all significant updates here and you can find a list of already released features and improvements here.

Please, post back here if you have any further questions or suggestions :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • the-civviethe-civvie Posts: 545 [Exalted Navigator]
    Nice write up. Like you I have found the routing a let down on the MyDrive. So I use the MyRoute-App to do the planning and import the GPX into MyDrive and do some tweaking there.