How do I find GPS longitude and latitude location on my TomTom Multi-Sport Cardio watch? — TomTom Community

How do I find GPS longitude and latitude location on my TomTom Multi-Sport Cardio watch?

jhnoblejrjhnoblejr Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
I want to record the GPS longitude and latitude location of trail heads for hikes and the start location for cycling tours. Is there a way of doing this via my TomTom Multii-Sport Cardio watch? The watch records a map, so it is recording continuously real-time GPS location.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,644
    Superusers
    There is no way to display this data unfortunately. It does collect the data and store it but there is no way to view it.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • jhnoblejrjhnoblejr Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    Yes, this is unfortunate and prevents me from using the TomTom Multi-Sport Cardio watch to achieve my objectives. It looks like I'll have to migrate to Garmin to mark the start GPS location of my hikes and bike treks in order for other hikers an, d cyclists to know their whereabouts. The TomTom deficiency in this regard, added to documented TomTom problems in connectivity to Strava, creates opportunity for competitors to succeed where TomTom fails. Don't get me wrong, I've been a satisfied user to TomTom for some years. I just want it to improve its performance to make it better. I would like to be able too use my TomTom Multi-Sport Cardio exclusively instead of it in conjunction with my Garmin GPSmap 60CSx device. Let's hope TomTom recognizes the problem and creates a solution.
    Superusers
    They may, but it won't be on the MultiSport, which is no longer in production and is not getting any more updates it seems. I don't think they're going after the more hardcore hiker or endurance athlete, as even the Adventurer, which was their more outdoor focused watch, did not feature this. I think they are trying to stay mainstream to appeal to as wide an audience as possible. The watch has always been essentially a running watch with extras added on, but at its heart it is a running watch, for better or worse.
  • janvangasteljanvangastel Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    My TomTom runner watch uploads - if checked in https://mysports.tomtom.com/app/settings/exporters/ - a csv file with lattitude, longitude and other telemetry. I use that telemetry in my MTB video's. Is this (downloading the telemetry files) not possible with the Multisport?
  • jhnoblejrjhnoblejr Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    Bingo, this is the solution to my problem. I downloaded the csv file for one bike trek and the Start location was the first in the series. Thank you for your help!
    Superusers
    Oh, I thought you wanted to display it on the watch, my apologies. As others pointed out, it is available in the CSV file afterwards, just not on the watch in real time (which is what I thought you were asking for).
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0