Sports android app not updating/uploading sync until restart — TomTom Community

Sports android app not updating/uploading sync until restart

ChampionAdamChampionAdam Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
1. Go for run.
2. Connect phone (Samsung A3 2016, latest firmware) to watch via BT (using current version of Tomtom sport app installed via Google Play store).
3. App shows 'sync' as normal. 'Sync' runs and finishes as normal.
4. Activity is not shown on app.
5. Activity is not shown on website.
6. Restart phone.
7. Activity is now shown as updated 2 HOURS ago, not several minutes as is the case.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I have cleared data and cache. I have tried just restarting the app rather than the phone. None of these makes any difference.

I believe what is happening is that the data is moving from the watch to the phone, but then (for whatever reason) is sitting dormant on the phone rather tha being sent to the Tomtom database.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,527
    Superusers
    Do you have a strong Internet connection (preferably WiFi)? Are you using the phone while syncing (you can't use phone and data at the same time on most phones)? It sounds like it does not have access to the TomTom servers and is waiting to upload. For the time, do you have the right time zone set in MySports (under Settings>Preferences)?
  • ChampionAdamChampionAdam Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
    This occurs with a strong wifi, or strong 4g connection. Neither works until restart. Connection and speed at home are very good both Wifi and 4g. No other issues with any other apps.

Time zone is correct (London).

This issue is (I think) one that started with the new version of the app that includes the 'compare time with random strangers' facility.
  • GongTongGongTong Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Same problem on my Runner 3. Same situation, none of the above have fixed it.

Bump.
  • ChampionAdamChampionAdam Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
    Got rid of Tomtom watch and bought a Garmin 230. So much better in every way.
  • GongTongGongTong Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I've had so many problems with connectivity, and the answers we get on here (like above) are a joke. It's clear that this company have no idea what they're doing, as this isn't exactly new tech.

Your suggested fix is probably the best bet. My entire running club told me to only look at Garmin products. I won't buy from TomTom again.