Fastest 10km... but I didn't run 10km — TomTom Community

Fastest 10km... but I didn't run 10km

BluerockdragonBluerockdragon Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
I got a gold badge in the TomTom Sports website for running my fastest ever 10km, however, I only ran 9.56km. I don't mind a little bit of rounding up but 0.44km is ridiculous. Auto-pause wasn't activated at any point. What's the reason for this?

Comments

• ColonelFazackerleyColonelFazackerley Posts: 27 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I think it compares pace over similar distances. I would take the praise.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,695
    Superusers
    It looks at all activities within 5% on either side of 10k to make sure it does not eliminate anything due to rounding.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • BluerockdragonBluerockdragon Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
    If that's the case then the medals mean nothing. I don't want a medal for something I didn't achieve. It's like getting a finishing medal for almost finishing.
    I also noticed this morning that it's changed my gold medal for fastest 5km to a gold medal for a gold for "fastest short run".
    I'd really like the option to set what I want medals for, then I could get rid of all the ones that have just appeared for 5 mile runs or 4-8 mile runs. I don't care about miles, I went metric 45 years ago!
    At least it syncs with Endomondo which definitely hasn't credited me with my fastest 10 km.
    I totally agree that distance definitions should be configurable via the website.
  • mcaran1979mcaran1979 Posts: 39 [Outstanding Explorer]
    The whole app is one big joke. How hard can it be to do it right as garmin does.
    Thanks @mcaran1979. I love my TomTom. I looked at Garmins when I bought it about a year ago but the TomTom was the only one which was an MP3 player with Bluetooth for the headphones. Which Garmin now has an MP3 player? Also, what's so funny about the "app"? I don't use the app, just the website. Can you be more specific?
  • tclindentclinden Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I have the same problem.
    About a month ago, I ran 9,5 km and got BS-credit for my fastest 10k. Today, I ran a 12,5 km race, definitely beat my 10k PB, and only got "2nd best 4-8 miles".

I'm a metrics girl, being Dutch and all, and would like to be -correctly- rewarded for my actual achievements.

(And then there's the thing about not being able to check your 5k- and 10k-time in the app or on the website... So now I still don't know my exact PB.)
    tclinden wrote:
    I have the same problem.
    About a month ago, I ran 9,5 km and got BS-credit for my fastest 10k. Today, I ran a 12,5 km race, definitely beat my 10k PB, and only got "2nd best 4-8 miles".

I'm a metrics girl, being Dutch and all, and would like to be -correctly- rewarded for my actual achievements.

(And then there's the thing about not being able to check your 5k- and 10k-time in the app or on the website... So now I still don't know my exact PB.)

If you had set 10km laps on the watch (under training) before you started it would tell you how fast the first 10km of your 12.5km was.
  • tclindentclinden Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thanks for the suggestion, but that's no solution... I'm quite happy with (and reliant on...) my pace cues every km and I would lose those if I set the lap distance to 10 km. Besides, then I know my 10km PB but still not my 5km PB.
    Endomondo has this option, so does Garmin. Would like to see TomTom implement it as well, instead of meaningless gold/silver/bronze "medals" that seem to be assigned at random.
    I got a bronze medal today, for my third fastest 10 km. However, I don't have a silver medal for my second fastest 10 km, despite today's activity saying I was only 0.02 km/min off my second fastest 10 km pace (wish I'd realised that when I was running, I'd have speeded up!). These random medal/personal best allocations are really getting silly. TomTom, please sort this out!