Impossible to use TomTom products with login issue — TomTom Community

Impossible to use TomTom products with login issue

FietaFieta Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited September 2018 in Sports [Connect][Apps][Website]
This is incredibly frustrating. :@ Firstly, I am having the same problem as everyone in the topic below but there is nowhere for me to reply on that topic:
https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/runner-multi-sport-184/unable-to-signup-to-mysport-website-657388/index2.html

1fa8dcfa-e4b8-4bbb-a71a-72c369886b7f.png
7105c74a-8af7-4e3d-b287-2c213f3b0e9a.png

So I've had to create a new topic as the only way to address this. How pathetic is this tomtom platform!

Anyway, I am having the same problem where I have downloaded the Tomtom sports connect application on my computer, have connected the Tomtom adventurer watch, and then the application picks up the watch and says its all synced, but there is nowhere really to login, so then in the app I go into settings, and click on profile settings, then it takes me to the website login page:

01310df9-3dfb-4663-8775-2dd3faadc740.png

8e8bcc14-5101-4dcb-8888-7d5ce4cf3c0e.png

08214294-1f7f-474b-8f5e-8ccf58fac0ad.png

I obviously dont have a login yet so I click to create an account and then it brings up the message that "To sign up, please download the TomTom Sports Connect application and connect your TomTom device."

060eaf73-714e-4c24-90c4-32fec443e45f.png

WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT GOT ME TO THIS POINT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! :@:

When I click on that link it just takes me to the place where I then have to select what watch I have to download the app again and its just this constant feedback loop. It says on the download page that during setup you will be prompted to create an account but that is just not true and it never happens.

4e25501d-0389-4106-ad45-3e92512aa6b5.png

Its ridiculous that it must be so difficult to just create an account. Why cant they have a basic account creation page rather than trying to overcomplicate it with embedding the login within the app setup or whatever convoluted mess they're trying to achieve. But what is even more pathetic as you can see from the topic which I refer to in the beginning of this post is that people have been having this issue for over 3 years and Tomtom doesn't seem to respond to it or care about it or do anything about it. That is outrageous. But I'm very happy to report that I actually run a large trailrunning website and have actually acquired this device for purposes of a product review and so since I'm not actually able to use the watch for anything, I will have no choice but to give it a very negative rating and just say that it is a waste of money because it serves absolutely no purpose. Hopefully then they will realise that they need to start listening to their customer feedback and paying more attention to their forums. What a useless bunch.

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,309
    Superusers
    Have you reported the problem to support?

South Africa
    0800 980670
    Monday-Friday: 10:00 to 19:00
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,319
    Superusers
    You should try a full factory reset and when asked to login or register, select register and use your email. This will clear the watch and set up a new MySports account for you (the email is the identifier for the watch). You should not need to uninstall MySports Connect, all that is is an interface and would not likely be the issue. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register enter your email address and follow the prompts. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

if you are still having issues you should call Customer Support who can dig more deeply into the problem. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Hi. If you are connecting your watch to the PC and it reaches CHARGING in Sports Connect then that means the watch is already linked to an account. So either
    1. You created the account when you first connected the watch
    2. The watch already had an account on it.

Note that you can't create an account from just going to the website. You need to do it as part of of registering a device.

If you do a factory reset of the watch from the Sports Connect settings page then when you next connect it to your PC Sports Connect will ask you to register and open the website (passing it the details of the device). You can then create your account on the web page.
    Regards,
    Stuart.