No communication with cadence sensor — TomTom Community

No communication with cadence sensor

Joao VicenteJoao Vicente Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
Hello I have a TomTom Multi-Sport Cardio with Cadence/Speed Sensor since December last year, but just decided to install de cadence sensor this weekend. Unfotunately it did not work. I did everything recomended on the manual and on the TomTom Youtube chanel. But no communication could be stablished. The sensor is set to "on" on the watch I also checked the battery and it is ok. Any suggestions?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,642
    Superusers
    Is the sensor turned on with a fresh battery? To see is the sensor is turned on press down from the clock, select Sensors, Bike and On. Try turning the pedals and see if it gets a reading (it will show you speed and cadence on this screen). Also make sure your sensors are set up properly with the minimum spacing between the sensor and the magnets. When installing the sensor, make sure all the magnets are within close proximity to the pod (within 2-3mm). You may need to tilt the pod into the back wheel well in order to pick up the spoke magnet. Next, make sure no other devices are using the sensors. If you previously synced with a phone on you will need to turn it off before the watch will pick up the sensor. BT is a one-to-one relationship so it goes with the first device it finds. Deselect the sensor from the app and turn off BT on your phone and try it again with the watch. If the watch is not sensing the sensor, try pairing the sensor with a phone app (I like Wahoo Fitness) and see if that recognizes it (remember to have the phone forget it afterwards so it does not take signal from teh watch). If so, the issue is with the watch, if not, it is with the sensor. If the sensor works fine and you have the pairing properly sorted out, you may want to try a factory reset and if that fails, contact Customer Support.

To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Joao VicenteJoao Vicente Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hello tfarabaugh! Thank you for your reply!

I did what you suggest, but I was not able to pair it with my phone. I keep receiving a message telling : "BikeSensor (V0.6) declined your pairing request." (see attached pic.).
    Would it declining the pairing request of the watch as well?

What do you suggest?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,642
    Superusers
    I have never seen that message and can;t imagine why it would exist, as the sensor is simply transmitting a signal, it is not accepting or denying anything, it is either on or off. You probably want to elevate this to Customer Support at this point. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Joao VicenteJoao Vicente Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thank you tfarabaugh

You are right, I had to contact customer support and sent the sensor to them. They will send me a replacement.

All the best.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0