Sync issues, yet again.

Ginnn
Ginnn Registered Users Posts: 10
Master Explorer
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
So I have a runner 2, I love it, when it works.
I've gone through 4 straps in a year and finally the new double slot strap seems to have worked. But while waiting the replacements the watch was useless obviously.
Now the app syncing issue, yes it's been a couple of months, is there a fix?
Unpairing and repairing the watch is a pain and tonight I've tried it 4 times and and it's still not working. So only "syncing" is now through a PC.
Which is ridiculous, one of the selling points was the ease of use of the app while on the go.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,936
    Superuser
    You may want to start from scratch and do it in a set order (the order of steps counts). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing. Uninstalling the app and factory resetting the watch are optional but it helps as it makes both devices forget any previous pairing codes.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.