Runner battery dying after a few minutes — TomTom Community

Runner battery dying after a few minutes

IanMcIanMc Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
My Runner went flat yesterday so I plugged it in to charge. It immediately responded and began to charge. This morning the watch indicated that it was completely charged, however after being unplugged for just a few minutes the watch has the dead battery symbol again.
Any chance the battery is actually ok and the watch is just confused, or is it kaput?
Cheers

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,344
    Superusers
    You probably want to call Customer Support to ask them about it, but I would try a factory reset first in case it is just an issue in your firmware install. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • IanMcIanMc Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for the response tfarabaugh,
    I had been previously charging my device from the wall and not my computer, this hasn't been a problem for the last year. After plugging into the computer it took a few minutes for the watch the be recognised. I didn't have to carry out a factory reset, it may have just been a software update. Whatever it was the battery is now holding charge and back to normal.
    Thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0