My Spark 3 will not enter pairing mode for headphones

mjm.murray
mjm.murray Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
My Spark 3 will not enter pairing mode for headphones. When I try to go up on the navigation stick, the clock shifts slightly, then returns., like it can't go up any further. It's as though I've reached the top. Am I doing something wrong, or is the watch defective?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    Are you sure you have a Music version? Press down and go to About and see if it says Music at the top. If not, you do not have a music version.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • wiseowl
    wiseowl Registered Users Posts: 14
    Outstanding Explorer
    I have a Spark 3 cardio/music, which comes with headphones.
    I could not pair the watch using the instructions commonly found (remove app, reset watch to factory, reinstall app, pair new). I tried several times.
    Since this appeared to be a bluetooth persistence in pairing, I figured if I paired the headphones in my Spark 3 cardio/music then it might help. and voila ! It paired when the headphones were paired. It will *not* sync unless the headphones are paired as I then tried that with/without headphones. So, this is a bluetooth persistence problem. I also noticed that without headphones the device will go in/out of connection in the bluetooth menu.

So now, I can sync if the headphones are ON, which is likely since sync usually occurs after an activity and the headphones are used. This is *NOT* going to work for a Spark 3 cardio without music though.