Garmin Edge 820 Cadence sensor

PiedBlanc
PiedBlanc Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Does the Tomtom Adventurer watch support the Garmin Edge 820 cadence sensor as this device is BluetoothSmart and ANT+ compatible?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,938
    Superuser
    The Edge 800 is a head unit, not a cadence sensor. It will likely detect the same sensors (attached to the bike pedals and frame) that the head unit is detecting as long as they are transmitting in BT+ (but not at the same time as BT+ is a one-to-one relationship). The 820 is a receiver, just like the watch, not a transmitter, so there is nothing to connect. The watch would replace the 820 head unit.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • PiedBlanc
    PiedBlanc Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks tfarabaugh for your quick answer.
    Unfortunately it is not satisfactory. Indeed I do agree the 820 is a head unit not a sensor. The sensor I have precisely in mind is referenced at https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/517580. Consequently I reword my question: Does the Tomtom Adventurer support this Garmin device which works according to the ANT+ protocol (see Garmin user manual for more details)?
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,938
    Superuser
    The link you posted for a cadence sensor will not work with the watch since the watch does not support ANT+ (which is owned by Garmin). It only supports BT+ peripherals, so you would need a BT+ dual cadence and speed sensor (the link is for cadence only and the watch supports dual sensors only as well). Wahoo makes a very good one, as does TT itself.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.