Differrent times in Spark 3 and on my tomtom sports site

Painmaker
Painmaker Registered Users Posts: 4
Neophyte Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi, since last update (I think so) most of my times of running in my watch are different from times when I log to mysports.tomtom.com. Previously times were the same, now I have different times in my watch compared to these showed at my account mysports.tomtom.com.
Any idea?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,938
    Superuser
    They implemented pause detection on MySports so they now give you an active time (total with detected pauses taken out) and a total time (which will match the watch). It is not done on the watch, it is done on the server side. They are planning on implementing a way to turn it off if you do not like to see it this way. They have not said when it will happen though.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Painmaker
    Neophyte Traveler
    Huh, so until this implementation when I paused during running the clock was still... running?
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    No, the watch has no impact on it, it is pause detection down on the MySports servers. After you upload an activity it is going through the data and based on speed thresholds it is determining if you were stopped and taking that from your total time to come up with an active time. Watch pauses do not even go into the total time, they are not included at all.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Painmaker
    Neophyte Traveler
    Ok, so what is this pause button for? :-) Should I use it when I need to stop at red lights when crossing the street?
    (sorry but english is not my native language so I might not understand everything clear).
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    Pause stops the activity from recording anything so both the time, distance, calorie consumption and everything are put on hold until you restart it. With the pause button you control when it starts and stops, using pause detection on the website, it is a computer deciding, so it may or may not be accurate.