Generic Cadence+speed sensor connection is lost on Runner 2 when hands are in the handlebars

cconst
cconst Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi all!

As the subject of the topic states, I am having issues when using BT connection to a generic cadence+speed sensor.

I've bought a cheap generic sensor and assembled it following manufactor instructions. Paired it with my tomtom runner 2 to test it and it seemed to work fine, showing both speed and cadence values. This was done at close range (20 to 30cm).

Today when I was preparing for a workout I could't pair de sensor with my runner 2. UNLESS I put my wrist at 20 to 30cm from the sensor.

I've tried to pair the sensor with my android phone in the handlebars hand my phone didn't had any problems finding the sensor. Why does the runner 2 looses connection with my generic cadence+speed sensor when have my hands in my bike's handlebars?

Now I've done a factory reset to my tomtom and this weekend I'll try again... Hope it help...

Best regards,
Carlos

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    Check the batteries in the sensor, they may be weak and transmitting a weak signal.
  • cconst
    Apprentice Traveler
    I've tried with 2 new batteries. Nothing as changed. Even after a factory reset.

Thanks
  • MikkoK
    MikkoK Retired TomTom Employee Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi cconst,

Welcome to the Community!

We've actually only tested one cadence sensor in addition to our own one so I'm afraid there isn't very much we can do for you hear. However, if it's possible to reset the sensor I'd recommend you try that a pair it as new with your watch.

Sensors compatibility for your watch

Cheers, Mikko
  • Zabalain
    Zabalain Registered Users Posts: 7
    Master Explorer
    Hi.
    I bought a generic one in aliexpress for less than 8$ and up to date without problems with the TomTom spark.
    Synchronization of speed and cadence simple and cheap.
  • cconst
    Apprentice Traveler
    I've returned mine and got one just like that.

It is better... but time to time it looses connection. And if it looses connection for too long it will never reconnect in that activity.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    cconst wrote:
    I've returned mine and got one just like that.

It is better... but time to time it looses connection. And if it looses connection for too long it will never reconnect in that activity.

Make sure the sensors are very close to each other (within 2mm ideally) and they are not loose as this will cause a loss of signal.