How to setup heart rate training programe?

Harrincourt
Harrincourt Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hello,
Browsing tomtom's webpage i've found the Training programs of i.e "get fitter in 6 weeks". I couldn't figure out how to set up i.e. the 2nd day of week 1 in the watch: 10 min "fat burn" heart rate + ( 30s "speed HR" + 2m "fat burn HR" ) x 8 + 5 m "fat burn HR" ???

I'd appreciate any help! Thanks!

Comments

• Harrincourt
    Apprentice Traveler
    Well, not that many replies and i do know the reason why. It seems i neesd to switch to a smarter sport watch. Any suggestion what brand/type to choose so as to have heart rate training plans?
  • kent davies
    kent davies Registered Users Posts: 91
    Supreme Trailblazer
    Hi.

Where did you saw those training programs? Can you provide the link?
  • Harrincourt
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi Kent,

Here you can find the training programmes https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sports/running/cardio-training/

Thanks
  • xray79
    xray79 Registered Users Posts: 160
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Hi Kent,

Here you can find the training programmes https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sports/running/cardio-training/

Thanks
    Nice programs and as far as i know there is no way to create sophisticated routines on the watch. Maybe they are working on these to be added but that will only be known for sure when they release this and as TomTom will never comment about future versions of software or features we will just have to wait and hope it will come.
  • kent davies
    kent davies Registered Users Posts: 91
    Supreme Trailblazer
    Thanks for the link.

As xray79 said, for now, it is not possible. The training feature available on the watch would be the closest that we can use to do that kind of training but it's very rudimentary.

What I find it odd is that TomTom releases those training and we cannot set them up n the watch. Maybe it's intended to store that info on our minds and then use them when we are working out...

I believe that custom workouts/training would be a great feature.
  • Alex28
    Alex28 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi all!

Is the above still not possible with the new workouts feature? It seems pretty easy to recreate a training plan on the watch, session by session, using workouts. I just don't want to go though the hassle if we can already upload the whole pan in one go :$

Thanks!
  • xray79
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Yes you can create workouts with this option on the mysport webpage. You can even mix HR sessions with speed or distance sessions.
  • Alex28
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks for your reply xray79.

I know I can create training plan using workouts function, session by session :$ I was wondering whether I can upload the tomtom training plan (all 12 weeks worth of workouts) to the watch in one go.

Sorry for confusion
  • xray79
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Alex28 wrote:
    Thanks for your reply xray79.

I know I can create training plan using workouts function, session by session :$ I was wondering whether I can upload the tomtom training plan (all 12 weeks worth of workouts) to the watch in one go.

Sorry for confusion
    Makes sense to upload them but unfortunately you have to manually add them. It's not a big thing to do as you can copy and paste sections. But i believe you can only add up to 5 manually created workouts. So you'll have to delete the ones you won't use at some point.
  • Alex28
    Apprentice Traveler
    Oh I see! Sticking to five workouts should not be a problem as sessions are progressing as you go along with the training plan. Thanks for your reply! That's what I thought was the case )