My running goal won't go higher than 80km... — TomTom Community

My running goal won't go higher than 80km...

FrenzyFrenzy Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
Is anyone else having this issue? I'm trying to set a running goal of 85km but in a few weeks this will be a lot higher. The app doesn't seem to be able to set a goal higher than 80km for some reason...

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,516
    Superusers
    It does seem to max out at 50 miles (or about 80 km) per week or 200 miles per month. This is a reflection of the target audience and vast majority of their user base, who are more casual athletes who are not likely running the distances you are. They will note the request from this post, but there may be no change as you are a bit of an edge case so there may simply not be enough demand for it. This is the first time in almost 5 years on the forums that anyone has brought it up, so I think your needs are a bit out of the ordinary for the user base. TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • FrenzyFrenzy Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Thanks. I can confirm it will record totals greater than 80km but I take your point. I'm not programmer but it seems strange to have a limit at all or at least one so low instead of say an arbitrary 1000km.
    Even for me that little goal function can motivate me to get that final km in if I'm thinking of stopping early. Pity I won't have it from now on as the mileage increases...
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,516
    Superusers
    Hopefully if it is an easy fix they can adjust it. I am also not a programmer and it seems like it would simply be a line of code that shows what the maximum is, so hopefully they will update it.