Spark Cardio GYM mode HR

Linda Hauk
Linda Hauk Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hello All!
I have bought a spark cardio watch just now and read on the homepage of TOMTOM on GYM mode the HR monitor on wrist doesnt work. Is it true? The main ponit purchasing this modell was the HR monitor on wrist. Please let me know the truth. Thanks!

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
    Superuser
    That is incorrect, HR is available in gym mode. If you have a Cardio model (go to About and it will say the model at the top of the screen) make sure HR is on under sensors. If it is a non-Cardio you can set it for an external strap here. For weight training an external chest strap is recommended as wrist based optical HR struggles due to the constant wrist tension constricting blood flow and suppressing the readings. This is a physiological issue, not a technical issue with the watch, during weight training your blood flow at the wrist is actually reduced whenever you flex or tighten your forearms.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Linda Hauk
    Linda Hauk Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thank you for your answer now its clear!
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
    Superuser
    Glad I could help. When you get a chance please mark my response as a solution so others with the same question can look for it.