Spark- Editing my exercise session (run) activity

Janine Roux
Janine Roux Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
'ooops - I forgot to end my run, and it's included my drive back home - giving me an awesome improvement in my pace... but how can I edit the session to remove the drive ?'.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    Unfortunately you can't edit the GPS data. You can edit the duration and distance which will correct the pace, but the map will remain unchanged as the underlying GPS data is still there.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • kkbradley
    kkbradley Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    I would like to be able to edit the map. I forgot to start my watch at the beginning of my run and would like to edit the map so that the mileage is correct. Will this be possible in the future? I could guess at the distance that was omitted but it would be more accurate if I could move the start of my run on the map.
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    I doubt it, that is not a small amount of work to fix a fairly uncommon problem that is easily remedied by the user (by remembering to stop the watch). TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.
  • kkbradley
    Neophyte Traveler
    I did find a solution to my problem since I will probably forget again to start or stop my watch; and I know some people have reported that the GPS tracked their route incorrectly. I linked my TomTom account to Runkeeper and imported past runs to their web site. Runkeeper does allow you to edit the GPS map and I was able to do it successfully.
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    That will work but you will not be able to bring those edited runs back into MySports, so they will not match go forward.
  • kkbradley
    Neophyte Traveler
    I linked my tomtom (MySports) account with Runkeeper so all future workouts will automatically be imported to Runkeeper. I will use Runkeeper instead of MySports. I had to manually import workouts that were done prior to linking the accounts.
  • robertbw
    robertbw Registered Users Posts: 8
    Master Explorer
    First rule of buying a TomTom sports watch, set up your MySports account to auto export to a third party, e.g. runkeeper or Strava. With Strava you can very easily crop the start and end of an activity.