Anyone else loosing data?

rooda
rooda Registered Users Posts: 8
Master Explorer
edited February 3 in TomTom Sports
It's happened to me three times now! And it's so frustrating!
Last time it happened was yesterday, tracker was connecting and transferring the data up until 10am ish and after that it was only connecting and not transferring any data at all.

I could read all the steps and everything on the tracker but it just didn't want to transfer this data. Lost my workout data as well - after you finish workout on the tracker the only way to see how you did is through the app.
The app was updated on Friday. I think it was after app update too when it happened before.

It is connecting and transferring data this morning though! But yesterday's data is lost!

Comments

• lampard
    lampard Retired TomTom Employee Posts: 6,075 Retired Community Moderators and Admins
    Hi rooda,

Welcome to the Community!

You can re-export the activities that failed to upload using the Sports Connect/ Sports App. Please see the public FAQ here to do so: Re-exporting activities that failed to upload

Hope it helps!

Cheers, lampard
  • rooda
    Master Explorer
    Didn't know that! Thank you!
    Although I have followed instructions and managed to copy the files only some of the data has been re-exported.
    It's re-exported my workout but still no steps or calories, not sure about the rest.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 17,004
     Superuser
    I believe this method may only work for sports activities, not daily activity tracking, which does not create a ttbin file.
  • rooda
    Master Explorer
    Oh, does it? This is not good, is it?!
    Disappointing :/
  • Tommy_2022
    Tommy_2022 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited January 30
    LOST DATA ON TOMTOM GO6100 NAVIGATION UNIT:
    I've just lost all data on my TomTom Go 6100 GPS unit. I tried recharging the batter using AC from power outlet in my home with Unit on it's cradle and USB plugged into a power socket.
    When I plugged in to power, the 'start up' sound of bongo drums sounded but screen still blank.
    I'm not having to resort to my phone data and Google Maps for navigation directions.
    Not a good recommendation for TomTom!
    I next connected the Unit to my computer and opened the TomTom MyDrive APP on my computer hoping to download the Maps and data (which should be available TO DOWNLOAD as an "UPDATE" - BUT - there is no facility on the MyDrive App for re-loading your own Device's data.

Hey, Mr TomTom Manufacturer!! if you're reading your customer's comments about problems, as you should be, can someone from your company's service help-desk PLEASE contact me with possible diagnosis of the problem and answer questions, eg, Is this a common problem or has it just arisen as a corrupted file with your latest updated download, (My last downloaded update was "Lifetime Traffic Camera Alerts" Since I downloaded this latest update, my screen went blank the next time I switched on my car with Unit it it's re-charging cradle! there's never been a problem before - apart from the battery gradually losing it's 'holding' reserves.

So, tell me, what's the cause and how do I fix it? Is there a way to do a "Factory Reset" as you can with a mobile phone device? If so, How? Can we go on to your website and download the Maps and data we paid for when I purchased the device? I purchased the unit several years ago so I expect I am out of the warranty period.
    Does anyone else in this community have the same problem with the GO-6100 Navigation Unit?
    Does anyone know how to make direct contact with the Company itself for correct advice?
    We should not have to rely on other Customers / Users for ad-hoc advice on how to fix a problem. The information should be provided by the Manufacturer.
    I live in New Zealand - can someone direct me to a service agent in Auckland who repairs the TomTom GPS units?
    Any advice and comments welcome,
    Thank you!
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 17,004
     Superuser
    Tommy_2022 wrote: »
    LOST DATA ON TOMTOM GO6100 NAVIGATION UNIT:
    I've just lost all data on my TomTom Go 6100 GPS unit. I tried recharging the batter using AC from power outlet in my home with Unit on it's cradle and USB plugged into a power socket.
    When I plugged in to power, the 'start up' sound of bongo drums sounded but screen still blank.
    I'm not having to resort to my phone data and Google Maps for navigation directions.
    Not a good recommendation for TomTom!
    I next connected the Unit to my computer and opened the TomTom MyDrive APP on my computer hoping to download the Maps and data (which should be available TO DOWNLOAD as an "UPDATE" - BUT - there is no facility on the MyDrive App for re-loading your own Device's data.

Hey, Mr TomTom Manufacturer!! if you're reading your customer's comments about problems, as you should be, can someone from your company's service help-desk PLEASE contact me with possible diagnosis of the problem and answer questions, eg, Is this a common problem or has it just arisen as a corrupted file with your latest updated download, (My last downloaded update was "Lifetime Traffic Camera Alerts" Since I downloaded this latest update, my screen went blank the next time I switched on my car with Unit it it's re-charging cradle! there's never been a problem before - apart from the battery gradually losing it's 'holding' reserves.

So, tell me, what's the cause and how do I fix it? Is there a way to do a "Factory Reset" as you can with a mobile phone device? If so, How? Can we go on to your website and download the Maps and data we paid for when I purchased the device? I purchased the unit several years ago so I expect I am out of the warranty period.
    Does anyone else in this community have the same problem with the GO-6100 Navigation Unit?
    Does anyone know how to make direct contact with the Company itself for correct advice?
    We should not have to rely on other Customers / Users for ad-hoc advice on how to fix a problem. The information should be provided by the Manufacturer.
    I live in New Zealand - can someone direct me to a service agent in Auckland who repairs the TomTom GPS units?
    Any advice and comments welcome,
    Thank you!

You are commenting on a closed post in the discontinued sports watch forum so no one is going to see this. I would suggest trying again in the SatNav forums.
This discussion has been closed.