Changing Account Info When Moving Overseas — TomTom Community

Changing Account Info When Moving Overseas

CasscatCasscat Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
edited January 2019 in Travel lounge
I am trying to update my account info, in particular my billing address, but the TomTom system assumes that I have moved within my own country, which I have not. It does not appear to give me the option to change countries, which is tricky because my billing address is not that shown on my account page. How can I move myself from the UK to Spain?? Oh, and without changing my display language from English to Spanish.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,344
    Superusers
    You'll need to deal with support:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • CasscatCasscat Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    I am out all day tomorrow with clients, which is why I posted here.
  • CasscatCasscat Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    Okay, for the benefit of others who may have a similar issue (a forum generally being a place to share experiences), you cannot change your billing address/registered address when you move country. You can change when you move within country, but overseas moves cannot be accommodated. In order to update your address you have to create a whole new account and this will be displayed in the language of your new country of residence - there is no option to select an alternative communication language. As my Spanish is not all that great I was advised to stick with my UK registration even though the details are incorrect and I have not lived at the stated billing address for 18 months.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,881
    Superuser
    @Casscat

If you find that paying in Euros is better, then ask UK support to change your address to some place in Ireland :)

BTW TomTom do not use the billing address, they rely on the "method of payment" to validate it's address
  • Craig H.Craig H. Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    What a frigging nightmare. I'm trying to change my country of residence also, but I can't seem to be able to delete my current account. Good Lord, can't this be fixed?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,881
    Superuser
    @Craig H.

Contact Customer Services to sort out your account(s) details.
    I take it you are in the US if not see a list of phone numbers here

CS United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST
  • Craig H.Craig H. Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Niall - I appreciate the information. Yes, U.S. resident. Will give them a call.