Hardware difference between Spark and Spark 3

juankvillegas
juankvillegas Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I bought a brand new TomTom Spark Cardio+Music yesterday at a very good price without noticing that it was the original Spark and not the Spark 3.

I have read that the receive software updates at the same time making them practically the same device except for the Spark 3 compass that adds some additional functions to the 3 version.

My question here is about the hardware.

Do they use the same GPS, heart rate monitor, battery, and other hardware references?

Thank you in advance :D

Comments

• riotrick
    riotrick Registered Users Posts: 28
    Prominent Wayfarer
    I have a spark, my wife has a spark 3. The watches look identical. The heart rate sensor looks identical as well. The software is also exactly the same. The only difference I can see is the track navigation that is only present in the spark 3 (which works pretty well btw) and that is has a hw compass.

I have the cardio+music version, so mine has music, while she has the cardio, so music is missing there.

We regularly run together, the gps track/distance the watch records also seems very similar, so my guess is the gps unit is the same as well.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    There is no way to know if they are the same hardware as this information is not publicly released and may actually vary within one product line. Often manufacturers will changes internal parts based on price and availability within the same product line. From a software perspective they are virtually the same.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.