Runner Cardio can't connect to Oppo R9+ — TomTom Community

Runner Cardio can't connect to Oppo R9+

shmahooshmahoo Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited December 2018 in Runner & Multi-Sport
I have just bought a (new) Tom Tom runner cardio.
I haven't been able to connect (pair) it to my phone (Android Oppo R9+)
During the pairing process, the pin number displayed on the watch, but nothing happens on the phone app. The "thinking animation" continues to spin, but no screen pops up allowing me to type in the pin number on the phone.
Any advice please?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,526
    Superusers
    Keep an eye out for an icon in the notification area at the top, some phone models require you to allow the app access in a separate window that does not pop to the front automatically. On my Samsung tablet it was not giving me the passcode entry but I noticed a tiny icon of a watch at the top of the screen (and you may need to drag down if the notification area is hidden by default). When I opened the notification there was an entry on the list for TomTom Sports watch. Clicking that and confirming the watch then allowed the passcode entry screen to come up. It was being blocked by the tablet OS. It paired just fine after that. Also make sure you have location services on; another user found this was the issue for them. Enabling the Localization in the top of the phone isn't enough. The Localization Services of Google+ has to be active too.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0