Crazy mapping — TomTom Community

Crazy mapping

touchandgotouchandgo Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited February 2018 in Runner & Multi-Sport
My watch has just correctly logged a 5.19 k run, but the map shows instead of a trip round the lanes of mid-wales a there and back to about 20 miles into the Mediterranean off Malaga!!!, Strava kindly tells me I have done over 3000k in 35 minutes!!! Anyone know why this happens? Ive had a few wrong routes recently, but nothing on this scale and mostly it is very accurate.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,343
    Superusers
    It sounds like it picked up an erroneous GPS point and did not factor it out. It does happen on occasion if the point is miscoded in the mapping models they use. It may not happen again, but if it does I am not sure there is anything to fix. You can try a factory reset on the watch and if that fails call Customer support, but if it is bad data point, i am not sure if those steps will fix it.

To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0