Inconsistent Data Sync between Spark Watch & iOS App

howdidoo
howdidoo Registered Users Posts: 9
Master Explorer
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I have recently started getting differences in Steps and Distance metrics when synced to App.
For example: My watch shows 4768 steps right now and after syncing just now, my iPhone App shows 5191 steps.
The Distance in watch is 3.46km while in the App it is 3.74 km.
Total Active time is same in both watch and app (1.17 hrs) and total energy burned is also same 1317 kcal.

This difference in steps and distance has been around since last week and in everyday statistics.. The App is always ahead in numbers.
Anyone else experienced this? Or knows the solution?

Comments

• howdidoo
    Master Explorer
    Nobody else with this issue?
  • howdidoo
    Master Explorer
    howdidoo wrote:
    I have recently started getting differences in Steps and Distance metrics when synced to App.
    For example: My watch shows 4768 steps right now and after syncing just now, my iPhone App shows 5191 steps.
    The Distance in watch is 3.46km while in the App it is 3.74 km.
    Total Active time is same in both watch and app (1.17 hrs) and total energy burned is also same 1317 kcal.

This difference in steps and distance has been around since last week and in everyday statistics.. The App is always ahead in numbers.
    Anyone else experienced this? Or knows the solution?

I may have figured the problem, the iPhone Health App adds the missing steps during the times I did not wear the watch but was roaming in the house with my phone in hand.. Somehow this did not happen earlier and the recent Tomtom App update has added this functionality.. So now the Tomtom App has the most accurate Step counter.
    Adding this here so that others can see solution if they thought this was an error.
  • riotrick
    riotrick Registered Users Posts: 28
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Yes indeed that's a recent update. On android you can link Google Fit as well for the same functionality.
  • howdidoo
    Master Explorer
    Yes, thats awesome.. It was actually mentioned in the changelog of Tomtom iOS App update version 4.00 but I had somehow missed to see the log due to Auto-update of the Apps..
    Great to know it is same on Android App too as I am soon getting my Samsung S8+ .. haha..
  • Nickskah
    Nickskah Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi all,

Can anyone tell me why my watch tells me i've burned 2800kcal and the tomtom sports app only tells me i've burned 2300kcal?
    Seems to be happening a lot.. Watch is always higher then the app.. All settings are correct.. both app and watch up to date.

Greetz,
    Nick
  • Quininio
    Quininio Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Nick, I am having the same problem I’ve got 3200 calories on my watch and only 2350 on my iPhone app. Have you replaced it? Can anyone help.
    Ta
    Quininio