Feature Request: Variable Intervals — TomTom Community

Feature Request: Variable Intervals

Pete BloxamPete Bloxam Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
edited December 2018 in Runner & Multi-Sport
Forums for TOMTOM, Garmin, Pulsar, and others are awash with requests for variable interval training (e.g. Warm-Up, Run 5 mins, Walk 3, Run 8 mins, Walk 3, Run 8 mins, Walk 3, Cooldown). The point being 2 or 3 different durations for the Work and Rest intervals.

As a prior programmer, it feels like a pretty simply update to me, and if implemented along-side the current easy-to-set-up regular intervals (rather than instead) people probably wouldn't mind a little clunkiness in the set up (as long as it's not something you'd do during the run).

So TomTom, please do NOT reply "No current plans", my question is whether it's ever coming? You have forums on all the major brands telling you that potential customers are crying out for it, not to mention that almost all "Couch-to-5K and Couch-to-10k" type programmes have variable interval requirements.

Is it really complex? Is it just lower priority than music and routing features?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,345
    Superusers
    Hate to break it to you, but TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see. And even if they did implement it I highly doubt you will see it on the MultiSport, which is 4+ years old and is not even being sold by TT anymore. They stopped updating it quite a while ago, and I expect that any changes in intervals will be for the newer devices only.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0