Troubles pairing Multisport with Huawei — TomTom Community

Troubles pairing Multisport with Huawei

marskamarska Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
Hello,
I am trying to pair a Huawei P10 lite with a TomTom multisport. It doesn't work. After some search I've found it is a known issue. It's in your list here (https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23003). My experience is sligtly difference from what described. The 6-figures-number appears on the watch for 2 seconds, and then it disappears. On the phone I never get a request for the pin. Have you ever experienced this problem? Do you know how to solve it?
Thank you!
Bye

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,805
    Superusers
    If it is a known issue it means there may be no solution for it, it is an issue with how the phone has implemented the BT protocols likely. Due to Android’s constant tweaking and the tablet and phone manufacturers making further modifications to the OS some version work better than others. Keep an eye out for an icon in the notification area at the top, some phone models require you to allow the app access in a separate window that does not pop to the front automatically. On my Samsung tablet it was not giving me the passcode entry but I noticed a tiny icon of a watch at the top of the screen (and you may need to drag down if the notification area is hidden by default). When I opened the notification there was an entry on the list for TomTom Sports watch. Clicking that and confirming the watch then allowed the passcode entry screen to come up. It was being blocked by the tablet OS. It paired just fine after that. Also make sure you have location services on; another user found this was the issue for them. Enabling the Localization in the top of the phone isn't enough. The Localization Services of Google+ has to be active too.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Anthony TangAnthony Tang Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    I have the same problem with my Huawei p9 also. Never get answer from Tomtom.... I have to buy another running watch....too bad to use Tomtom!
  • PumbaCPumbaC Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Marska

Did you ever solve this problem as I got the same problem