Customising a race — TomTom Community

Customising a race

JillVJillV Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Can I use a treadmill run to set up a race on my watch ?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,684
    Superusers
    You can by selecting the three dots in the upper right corner of the activity summary and selecting Add to Races, but it may only be selectable when in treadmill mode, not run mode. And even if you could it would not trigger the right paces at the right time unless your treadmill calibration was spot on, which is highly unlikely. I am not sure why you would need to anyway. You can just use the Custom Race mode to set the distance and the time you would like race.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • JillVJillV Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am trying to set up a marathon distance and pace on my watch to race against. I have not done a marathon distance run as yet and that distance is not one of the preset races, so I thought I may get around it by setting up a treadmill run. If you can help me with any other suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your reply.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,684
    Superusers
    Just go to Training>Race>Create and set 26.2 for the distance and your goal time for the time. It will then alert you whenever you get off that goal time, keeping you at a steady pace for the entire race.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.