Runner 3 viewing sleep activity and also how to set lap times?

Deano72
Deano72 Registered Users Posts: 5
Neophyte Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi
1. When viewing the sleep activity on the app, I have to close the app down totally to get back to the home page, the X and the back button does not work
2.i want to set and see my lap times when on my bike, I know how to get to the set lap time, but why does it ask me to input a time, I thought and exspected to press set lap time , it would enter and record the time every time I went pass the starting point

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    You are thinking of splits, into laps. Splits are at a predefined distance (every mile or km, depending on your settings). Laps are customizable based on a set distance or time (or can be registered manually). From the activity start screen press down and selects Splits>On.

I am not sure what is going on with the app. All I can suggest is uninstalling and reinstalling it. The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Deano72
    Neophyte Traveler
    Ok thanks.
    The way I read it, If I don't know the distance or the time of lap, basically I just select splits , it then records my time/distance/amount of laps from the first point I press on and it notes it automatically every time I go pass the starting point ?
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    No, it records a split every mile or km, it has no way of knowing when you pass the starting line. Should it happen to be a mile loop then it will be close (it varies based on GPS points found). If you want an exact lap counter for a looped course use manual laps and trigger a lap each time you pass the line.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Deano72
    Neophyte Traveler
    So in other words , like a stop watch, shame , I hope they can develop it to encounter my scenario.

As for the sleep app problem, it's the same for all 3 devices I have downloaded he app to

Thanks for help
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    It is not like a stopwatch, it is like every other sports watch in existence. There is no device that can sense when you go past a fixed point. They all track laps the same way, by distance, time or manually. This is not a shortcoming of the watch and there is no way to develop anything for it. What you are asking for, as I understand it, simply doesn't exist.
  • Deano72
    Neophyte Traveler
    Check out vivoactive auto lap,
    Or is the same as splits? So with with splits let's say I do a lap of 0.8 mile per lap, I enter 0.8, then it will register my time at 0.8 intervals ( with out pressing a buttons) and if I do 5 laps it will record my 5lap times and would be there to. Be seen on the app
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    Again, laps and splits are two different things and you are mixing them up. Splits are predefined distances, it is either on or off. It alerts you whenever you hit a mile or km and will record the details for that split to show on the app. This is the equivalent of the Garmin autolap. A lap is on that you determine, so if you put in .8 miles, it will alert you every ,8 miles and record and display the stats for that .8 mile lap in the app. This is the same as the Garmin manual lap.