Instant pace difference with overall statistics — TomTom Community

Instant pace difference with overall statistics

GBroekGBroek Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
Please see the attachment as well which illustrates my question:

i have done a run and when I look at the results via the website I see something strange. The statistics screen shows a lap pace average of approx 5:06 minutes per km. I am pretty sure that is correct. However, when I look at the pace line in the figure below (the green line) then it shows a rather steady pace of approx 5:20 to 5:25 per km. I am very sure that is not correct.

I see the same effect in de Sports app on my mobile.

I can understand that there is a small difference in instant pace and average lap pace, but not that it is that big difference.
Why do I get this difference in pace?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,684
    Superusers
    From how it has been explained in other posts, the difference is from how the data is smoothed after the activity is complete. The graph shows the raw data from the watch while the summary is smoothed data, taking out extraneous GPS data, smoothing gaps, etc., so they may not agree. It is hard to say whether this fully explains the difference but it is the only explanation we have been given and it makes sense to a degree. You are not likely to get any more explanation here as the moderators do not answer technical questions like this on the user forum.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.