TomTom Rider 450 Using Tyre Pro to import "Tyre Itinerary File" or "TomTom Itinerary file" — TomTom Community

TomTom Rider 450 Using Tyre Pro to import "Tyre Itinerary File" or "TomTom Itinerary file"

martin8180_un40martin8180_un40 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
edited January 28 in RIDER
Okay so I upgraded to the NEW TomTom Rider 450, From TomTom Rider V5. I have used and purchased Tyre Pro (recommended by TomTom), which I have used for years very successfully. I spend a great deal of my time (Months some times.) creating my routes for all over Europe. I create my routes with loads of way points so I ride where I have planned. No problem with the TomTom Rider V5. Connect it to the PC and ask Tyre to copy to TomTom. The route is then copied to the TomTom with all the way points included in the route. So you can imagine my very BIG disappointment when I tried to do the same thing with the new TomTom Rider 450.
Tyre copies the route to MyDrive and to the TomTom Rider 450, but ALL the way points are gone. Months of planning down the swanny. How can I get my Tyre route with all the way points into my TomTom Rider 450??? I'm even thinking of re-selling the 450 and going back to the V5. I need help on this one TomTom. The 3 pictures below are all of the same route.

Mod edit: Please do not post/attach any personal information on public forum!

Comments

• tugmantugman Posts: 337 [Revered Navigator]
    If you load via mydrive it will turn your route into a track (no way points show) but the route file starting with a T suf
  • tugmantugman Posts: 337 [Revered Navigator]
    Suffix appears to be the more accurate one.

However if you bypass tha mydrive and use the c& p on the computer to transfer the file from Tyre to 4xx using the itn ext it should show all the way points.

You could also use the tyre my route app and export. But be warned the file ends up in the download folder and not on the 4xx. You can then move it to your preferred file location or c& p to the unit
  • 954dk954dk Posts: 292 [Master Traveler]
    Hi,
    I suggest, that you read the manual.
    It explains how to transfer routes (ITN files) to your Rider in several ways ;)

Tip!
    When the routes are planned and saved in a folder on your laptop/PC:
    - Pair your laptop with the Rider (Bluetooth)
    - Open "My routes" on your Rider
    - Transfer the routes to your Rider via Bluetooth
    - Accept receiving the routes on your Rider

You can also transfer ITN files via USB cable.

IMHO: Don't use tracks (GPX) if you want 100% control :)
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,968 Superusers
    Hi
    The MyDrive Route planner will only transfer .GPX files... Tyre uses the MyDrive Route planner in the transfer process to install the Route onto your Rider 4xx

Using the Save As option from the Tyre File menu... Save you're Route to the Desktop on your PC
    Then use one of the methods below to transfer the .ITN file to your device

The Rider 400 will give you direct access to a small 50MB partition of the Rider4xx internal memory and if fitted your Micro SD Card, you can drag & drop you're .ITN or .GPX route files directly to the Rider 400 Memory or the Memory card over a secure system...See..... https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-5xxx-6xxx-series-go-4xx-6xx-series-go-via-and-start-4x-6x-series-mydrive-connect-176/route-with-multiple-destinations-and-waypoints-1002212?postid=1085184

To transfer a .ITN or .GPX route file/s to your NAV4 device using a Micro SD Memory Card...See.....

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/mydrive-ability-to-add-waypoints-1007398?postid=1103601

Transferring a route to my PC using Bluetooth (Or a Micro SD Card)
    (.... Menu) --> MyRoutes --> Share Tracks --> select the Recorded Route
    --> Tap Share --> Choose Memory card or Bluetooth --> Follow the on-screen prompts to completion.....

Tomtom Rider 450 User Guide.....
    http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/rider_400_40/index.html

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

Welcome to the Community!

I see that the matter has been quite thoroughly explain here already :D So it leaves me just to point to our recent MyDrive release which brings e.g. the possibility to edit your saved tracks in MyDrive. More improvements to MyDrive will follow so stay tuned :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • NookxNookx Posts: 1
    ok Peeps, I'm struggling with my 450 too... I've generated routes in Tyre pro and using the USB connection, copied and pasted them into the internal memory of the 450. Can I find them!?! can I eckers like, I've checked the obvious options - My Routes & My Places but nothing...

Anyone fancy telling me what I'm doing wrong???

Thanks

Okay so I upgraded to the NEW TomTom Rider 450, From TomTom Rider V5. I have used and purchased Tyre Pro (recommended by TomTom), which I have used for years very successfully. I spend a great deal of my time (Months some times.) creating my routes for all over Europe. I create my routes with loads of way points so I ride where I have planned. No problem with the TomTom Rider V5. Connect it to the PC and ask Tyre to copy to TomTom. The route is then copied to the TomTom with all the way points included in the route. So you can imagine my very BIG disappointment when I tried to do the same thing with the new TomTom Rider 450.
    Tyre copies the route to MyDrive and to the TomTom Rider 450, but ALL the way points are gone. Months of planning down the swanny. How can I get my Tyre route with all the way points into my TomTom Rider 450??? I'm even thinking of re-selling the 450 and going back to the V5. I need help on this one TomTom. The 3 pictures below are all of the same route.

Hello there
    Agree with you 100%
    Same here, went from v5 to 450
    Starting Tyre pro you get when buying 450
    And why can we have the features that apparently worked with it? before
    Exceeds my understanding.
    As with all new technology, it's a data nerd that has made it more advanced just because he can, and limit usage Tyre pro
    TOM TOM redo and do right !!!!!!
    Hi
    The MyDrive Route planner will only transfer .GPX files... Tyre uses the MyDrive (Web) Route planner during the transfer process to install the Route onto your Rider 4xx

Instead use the "Save As" option from the Tyre File menu... Save you're Route to the Desktop on your PC

The Rider 400 will give you direct access to a small 50MB partition of the Rider4xx internal memory and if fitted your Micro SD Card, you can drag & drop you're .ITN or .GPX route files directly to the Rider 400 Memory or the Memory card over a secure system...See..... https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-5xxx-6xxx-series-go-4xx-6xx-series-go-via-and-start-4x-6x-series-mydrive-connect-176/route-with-multiple-destinations-and-waypoints-1002212?postid=1085184

To transfer a .ITN or .GPX route file/s to your NAV4 device using a Micro SD Memory Card...See.....

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/mydrive-ability-to-add-waypoints-1007398?postid=1103601

--> Tap Share --> Choose Memory card or Bluetooth --> Follow the on-screen prompts to completion.....

ATB YFM

The MyDrive Route planner will only transfer .GPX files... Tyre uses the MyDrive (Web) Route planner in the transfer process to install the Route onto your Rider 4xx

Instead use the "Save As" option from the Tyre File menu... Save you're Route to the Desktop on your PC

ATB YFM

Okay
    Then I test with sim card

It is a pity that you can not transfer files
    With second-party programs in a simple way directly in the program
    When you're done with the route.
    Then it's My Drive Route Planner that applies to the new GPS in Tom Tom's program
    And I understand that tomtom wants to limit access to the file system in the Rider 450
    To avoid having support for other party programs that can create problems

Okay, on the way to Elgiganten for the purchase of sim cards and new test

Tyre & the new TomTom Rider 40/400
    Modified on: Wed, 15 Apr, 2015 at 8:12 PM

Did you purchase a new TomTom Rider 40 or 400? Then you are entitled to a free Tyre Pro Lifetime, the reduction code to order Tyre Pro for free through the TyreToTravel website (www.tyretotravel.com) will be sent to you by TomTom. See http://uk.support.tomtom.com/.../a_id/20015/locale/en_GB.
    TomTom released the new Rider 40 and 400 at a moment when we could not yet adapt Tyre to them. We hope to be able to release an update soon that can communicate well with the new Rider. For the moment, there is a temporary solution: put your route on a SD-card and insert this into the Rider. The Rider will recognize the card with the route and ask you if you’d like to import it.
  • CBRXXCBRXX Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    To achieve file transfer menu in TomTom 450
    Do you have to unplug the USB cable and plug it in again to get it meynyn or is there a simpler way?

It works well to transfer files with
    www.myrouteapp.com
    And Route connector
    But want to start the file transfer menu without having to unplug and insert it all the time to reach the menu in GPS

Hi
    To transfer .GPX routes with "Multiple Stops" created using Tyre to Travel or the previous MyDrive Web (v1) Route planner (May also work for .GPX routes from other route planners)

Had a dig around in the MyDrive Web (v2) Route planner
    The following allows me to Edit/Save/and Transfer/Convert to .ITN any .GPX routes created using Tyre to Travel or the previous MyDrive Web (v1) Route planner

Re... Old .GPX Routes created using MyDrive Web (v1) Route planner and already stored in MyRoutes
    Re... Old .GPX Routes created using Tyre... Follow the red text for old Tyre .GPX files
    If you have routes created using the previous MyDrive (Web) Route planner

The MyDrive Web (2) Route planner won't allow editing of these routes
    If you Select the route... The route loads but there is no Edit Icon available

49a60310-40f2-4ac7-bebe-de7c281e558c.pngBut if you save the .GPX file to your desktop (See above Image)
    Then re-import the file into the MyDrive (Web) Route planner
    Import the .GPX file that you created using Tyre to Travel into the MyDrive (Web) Route planner

MyDrive Web (v2) Route planner now creates 2 files one you can edit (Finish Route) the other not

d8c0f3dd-1c0f-45fe-8909-bb44a5886ed4.pngDelete the file you can't edit (See Image below)

dd136dc0-6b1e-4108-bc4a-b57be2ab00a4.png
    Select the route that is left, Click "Finish Route"
    The Route Planner will re-calculate the route
    The planning menu will open with the "Send to the device" and the "Save" options Available

305f8a24-5b77-4cb7-a07f-7c43750807b4.png
    Click "Save" to save the route
    When you next load the route, you are offered the "Edit Icon" to edit the route

The "Send to the device" works fine, the route syncs OK with the device
    "Send to the device" works fine, the .GPX Route that you created using Tyre (along with any Stops), syncs OK with the device

I've also found.....
    When you have sent a route to the device using "Send to the device"
    After the device calculates the route you can.....

Tap somewhere on the displayed route
    A quick Menu should open Tap the 3Dot Icon
    Tap Manage Route
    Tap Add to my Routes
    Accept or Rename the route
    Tap Add
    The route is added to "MyRoutes" as a .ITN file (Displays a solid arrow in the MyRoutes list of routes)

ATB YFM

So we get back the important features

Discovered a problem near Kiel with roadworks and closed roads
    But my rider 450 drove that route, even with traffic enabled and all the bells and whistles activated

https://goo.gl/maps/RpZEThaL8q32