Watch randomly returns to start screen during workout and saves nothing

Fleming
Fleming Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hello,

In the last couple of weeks my Spark 2 watch has started to return to the start screen (time) during my swimming workouts. This has happened about 5-6 times now. Very annoying. It just stops tracking my lanes. It doesn't save anything in my exercise list on the watch. It also doesn't synchronize anything when I hook it up to my pc. First I though it was after a random number of lanes, but the last few times it happened around 80 lanes (2K mark).

I've already factory reset the watch, but that didn't help. I hope there's a solution, 'cause right now the watch is pretty useless for tracking my exercises.

Best regards,
Dimitry

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,939
    Superuser
    It sounds like a hardware failure if a reset does not help. At this point I would suggest calling Customer Support to see what they can do. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Fleming
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thank. I was thinking of hardware too. I'll contact customer support.
  • Fleming
    Apprentice Traveler
    My watch was sent in for repair and, indeed, it was a hardware failure. It has been replaced.