Low Emision zones — TomTom Community

Low Emision zones

mcasteelsmcasteels Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Travel lounge
Dear support,

Since tomtom can show zones with limited access (pedestrians only) wouldn't it be a nice option to have also the Low Emission Zones on the TomTom available.

More and more countries are making these zones and it is becomming a real challenge not to enter them (in Antewerp a 10year old Diesel car is no longer allowed to enter, you get a 200€ fine!).

It would be great if:
1. You have the same option in setting that you can avoid these like you can do with TOL roads.
2. You get a warning when you would be entering such a zone on your route (and have the option to avoid)
3. Get the question to go to a nearby parking outside this zone if your destination is in this zone.
4. If these roads get a different icon and colour like you have for traffic. e.g. a green leaflet and green roads (will be anoying with the green arrow and route when using this colour)

again, would be a great option and a plus on the competition.

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi mcasteels,

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for the suggestion! That would indeed be a great addition to our navigation devices and apps :D

A feature like this requires sufficient data in a usable form for us to be able to build a feature around it. Unfortunately, we're currently not able to provide such a feature but hopefully in (a not too distant) future we will :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • mcasteelsmcasteels Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello Mikko,

thanks for the reply and answer. Getting this info should not be to difficult since this is available for all tourists :cool:. I do know this would require a lot of work to transcode in to the map data. Nevertheless as pointed out a great feature to buy a TomTom.
    I would not wait too long with such a feature because this is becomming more and more a trend in a lot of countries (and I'm certain the competition will also look at the benefits)
    Germany
    Netherlands
    Belgium
    France

PS TomTom owner since at least 15 years but until now never active on the forum.
  • MegalosMegalos Posts: 6,072
    Superusers
    Nice idea! :)
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0