Android App - Activity stuck when WIFI connects during sync — TomTom Community

Android App - Activity stuck when WIFI connects during sync

MB3MB3 Posts: 83 [Renowned Trailblazer]
edited January 2019 in Sports [Connect][Apps][Website]
I posted a thread earlier, but don't seem to able to add to it now, as it's locked I think.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/sports-connectappswebsite-389/android-app-activities-not-uploading-and-stuck-on-phone-1019466
---

I am still getting the same problem.

If I stop my run a couple of minutes from my house, the phone/watch will start to sync over bluetooth. As I get to my home, the sync is still ongoing, but my phone then connects to the home WIFI network. The sync appears to finish successfully, but nothing is uploaded. The ttbin file remains on the phone. The only way to get the run uploaded, is to copy the ttbin file to the PC and upload using the Tomtom Sports Connect application.

I have found that if I sync a run with a WIFI connection already established then it will work ok. If I sync a run with out any WIFI at all it will work ok. However, if WIFI connects during the sync, that is when it will always fail.

How do I get this message to the developers so they can investigate and fix please?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,677
    Superusers
    They monitor the forums and one of the developers is active today (he has replied to a number of posts) so they will be aware of it and note it. It is an interesting issue that I have not seen before. You can set it so it will not automatically start syncing to avoid this. In the app, under Manage>Settings >Upload Activities you can set it to not sync over mobile data so it will wait till you get home and get WiFi. Not a solution per se, but it is a workaround until they get it sorted out.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • MB3MB3 Posts: 83 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Thanks. My normal work around is to turn off WIFI on the phone before I go out for a run/cycle and that way when I get home and see the watch/phone are downloading, I wait for the download to finish before turning WIFI back on again.

It took me a while to work out why some downloads were getting stuck on the phone and others were fine, but once I figured it was connected to WIFI I can replicate the failure every time now.