Can't change my shipping country — TomTom Community

Can't change my shipping country

tr00pertr00per Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Travel lounge
Hello,
in my shipping address in the shop at www.tomtom.com the country is set to "United Kingdom" and I cannot change it. I don't know why it's set to UK, because I never did it. Moreover, I have 1 order in my order history and its shipping country is Poland, which is correct.
Registering a new account is not an option, because I already have an order in the history.

Why I cannot change country in my shipping address and can someone change it to Poland for me?

Please, help.

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,854
    Superuser
    @tr00per

Contact Customer Services to sort out your account details.

CS Polska (Poland)
    +48 22 30 62 335
    Poniedziaek-Pitek 09:00-17:00
  • tr00pertr00per Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Thanks. Unfortunately they weren't able to help me directly. Ticket have been placed in my name to the internal party. They might solve my problem tomorrow. I shall see.
    Wait, my problem isn't "solved". Not at all. What happened with the topic of my issue?
    Person assigned to my support ticket just told me, that my only option is to close the account and create a new one.
    The joke is on TomTom, as privacy policy says "4. TomTom will ensure Personal Data is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date."
    It's a matter of principle, either words mean something or not. I'm not satisfied with my current experience.
    To keep thing interesting - I just tried registering a new account with another e-mail address and while there was Poland on the list, it didn't help much later. While editing my shipping address the form decided, that my postal code is in wrong format. It's not. There's only one format used in Poland: XX-XXX.
  • Geert.VanduffelGeert.Vanduffel Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same problem if you want to change Netherlands to Belgium
  • argentum08argentum08 Posts: 57 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    I posted a comment yesterday on a similar experience, under the topic "Eircode the Irish post code for TomTom maps".
    Some time during the past year, my address was mysteriously changed from "Republic of Ireland" to "United Kingdom". An EIrcode (the new, controversial, address code for Ireland) was also inserted - and that was for the wrong address!
    Neither I nor Customer Services have been able correct the data.