TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

Locking on to satellites

JAGDJAGD Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
My Tomtom runner 2 takes so long to lock on to satellites that i have have often started running before its ready.
I have updated the software and wearing it as I have always done ???

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,609 Superusers
    Are you updating the QuickGPS file a minimum of every three days by syncing the watch? This caches the expected satellite locations and makes for quicker attainment. Also do not try to get signal while moving, you are just making it harder on the watch. Best to just sit still with the button pointing skyward (or take it off and place it on a flat surface) until it finds the GPS. Make sure the watch is in an unobstructed area without large buildings, tree cover or reflective surfaces as this will cause a lot of interference. It will also take longer the first time you are in a new location but will speed up thereafter as it caches the location data for that spot. Once you get the Go it is best to give it another minute or two as Go is just the minimum satellites locked on. The longer you wait the more it will grab and the better your signal will be.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.