Programming different pace times for same run

GTW1GTW1 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi, Would appreciate help setting my watch to tell me eg 2miles at 9minute pace then 3 miles at 7.30minute pace and then 2miles at 9 minute pace to finish my run. What is the best way of doing this please, i'm sure someone will have this sorted out as it's a basic need for training.
Thank you

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,627 Superusers
    There is a very basic interval function on the watch, comprised of the ability to set a warmup (time or distance), repeating work/reset periods (time or distance) and cooldown (time or distance). The work/rest periods cannot change, so you could not for example have 500m, rest, 1000m, rest, 1500m. The work and rest periods just repeat the same ones as many times as you specify and they cannot be set for a pace, just a distance (it would be up to you to monitor your pace). It is fairly simplistic and I would not expect it to be updated as they have stuck with this format for 4 years through multiple version of the watch.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • GTW1GTW1 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you for your help, I have had my watch for about 2 years and I got the feeling that what I want it to do now is maybe beyond it and your reply has confirmed that. I have been using the average lap pace function and keeping an eye on the distance to gauage where I am with my run, will continue to do this and see how it goes. Thank you.